(EDGE Driver-Mc): Zigbee Light Multifunction Mc

Hi @Mariano_Colmenarejo ,

First of all thank you for all your hard work making ST better.
I have a Zigbee LED strip which is currently natively supported in ST but with a DH and not with Edge driver.
Is there any chance you can add it to your driver?

Hi @PLFosboel

The start and end level of the progressive on and off can be adjusted in preferences.

The final level can be limited dynamically using routines with the Forced On Level capability.

Progressive Off always starts with the current level.

Hi @GalK
Added to this driver version

───────────────────────────────────────────────────
 Name         Zigbee Light Multifunction Mc
 Version      2023-02-26T11:33:42.618089535
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
- id: "AduroSmart/LED Strip V1.0"
    deviceLabel: AduroSmart RGBW
    manufacturer: AduroSmart Eria
    model: Extended Color LED Strip V1.0
    deviceProfileName: rgbw-level-colortemp-2700-6500

Thanks!
Seems to work as expected.

I have some strange issues going on with my hub and one is that sometimes my ikea trΓ₯dfri lights won’t work correctly. I had your driver and after I changed to basic switch driver they work again. The basic diver doesn’t have the cool dimming function so it’s not as good as your driver was.

1 Like

Why hue setting goes from 0 to 360 when I select the color in the strip setting but goes from 0 to 100 when I’ve to select a color in a routing?
It’s a setting problem, a smartings default setting or something else?

Hi @ivhazu

This has to do with the app.
The driver receives and emits hue and saturation values from 0 to 100

Thanks @Mariano_Colmenarejo it’s clear, I was in doubt to have done a mess!

It’s not possible to have in the driver an option Increase hue by external step (with fixed saturation)?

1 Like

In Smart Lighting selecting color is on another level.

Consistency :thinking:

Hub just updated with Samsung Connect Home/SmartThings WiFi Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.46.10 and the issue happened again. Driver is inoperable! I need to go back to stock! What do you think is causing it?

Hi @Wajo357

I don’t know why that happens to you when they update the HUB firmware. It shouldn’t happen.
It has never happened to me with hub v3 update firmware

How to resolve reinstalling the driver with the CLI?

Do you think getting CLI logs will help debug for the next time?

Maybe, when it stops working, capture a log of what the driver responds to

Will do. I just switched the driver back (without updating) and it started working again! Next time I’ll capture logs…

When the firmware of the hub is updated, it performs a reboot and all the drivers are stopped and reinitialized in the sequence that the hub has programmed.
It is possible that in this sequence the driver does not initialize correctly.
In a normal reboot of the hub, the initialization of the driver works well because it is one of the things that I always test several times.

In some drivers I need to enter delays to configure the device because some environment variables are not immediately available to the driver.

The reboot sequence after the firmware update may require a longer delay on these hubs before initializing the drivers.

Does it only happen to you with this driver?

Hi @Mariano_Colmenarejo, I am using your β€˜Zigbee Multi Switch and Child MC’ edge driver for a tuya 3-gang switch from avatto, I built the module into a fan. Is it possible to add a profile for a fan, so that I can switch the 3 contacts low/medium/high? If 1 of the module’s outputs is on, the others must be off. So if Low is on then Mid and High should be off

Hi @Bald-Har

It would be very complicated to do it in the same driver.
But it’s easy to do it with 3 routines

if S1=On then S2=Off and S3=Off

if S2=On then S1=Off and S3=Off

if S3=On then S1=Off and S1=Off

1 Like

@Mariano_Colmenarejo I am now using a virtual fan switch with 4 routines (off/low/medium/high). Is it possible to change the layout of the 3-gang switch itself to that of a Fan like the picture I sent?

Hi @Bald-Har

It is not only a matter of creating a profile to do this. It would be necessary to make a totally different and specific driver and now I can’t do it, sorry

The code is posted on guthub, if anyone wants to do it, but I don’t think I can get much use out of the driver

I just purchased one of these:
GLEDOPTO GL-C-103P

and i wonder if there was a EDGE driver for Smartthings v3 Hub ?
Thanks in advance