(EDGE Driver-Mc): Zigbee Light Multifunction Mc

Hi,

Still not giving up! :slight_smile:

I would really like to use this driver but I don’t own any of the supported devices :confused:

I’m a bit new (and lost) so don’t mind if my question sounds silly, but is there a way of creating a virtual generic (Zigbee?) device and linking it do this driver?

I tried with both Virtual Hub and vEdge creator. I tried creating various virtual devices (including light), changing driver to this one, but it doesn’t effect it in any way, tiles remain the same :confused:

Am I doing something wrong? Is there an alternative way? Is this even possible?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

@Kunjila
Sorry, edge drivers can only communicate with devices that are paired on the same driver.

To do what you want, you need a smartApp that has access to devices from the smartthings API and can get states and send commands

Thanks for the clarification @Mariano_Colmenarejo , although it’s not totally clear to me :sweat_smile:
I guess making this is above my “paygrade”

My idea with the virtual devices with your driver was to use it as a mirror for various grouped lights.
I was planning to do the grouping by writing the value from virtual light to all the lights in a given group by using SharpTools, but I guess that’s out of question now :confused:

Got my hopes up after reading the previous post from @sdbg

Maybe you found some workaround?

Ok not sure how to get you that

Thanks you!

You can copy dimming ( switchLevel ) from virtual light to lights using Rules API.

You can find Rules API instructions here
FAQ: Getting Started with the new Rules API - Developer Programs / Rules API - SmartThings Community

1 Like

Thanks @TapioX! That part is non-problematic, actually did that already :slight_smile:

But I would really really like to use this particular driver, seems awesome! Sure, I can achieve the similar/same functionality in SharpTools engine or Rules API as you imply but it would be easier and way more practical with an interface in ST app.

Still very dissapointed that I can’t create a virtual device and asign this (or any) driver!

If you use device with a DTH open IDE and copy manufacturer, model and raw data clusters

You can install driver Zigbee Thing Mc and try to install your device with this driver to see the fingerprints data

Wow that was fast! Thank you so much for all your effort!

1 Like

I also have a new bulb that does not work with existing edge drivers. It uses a DTH at the moment, that gives me a limited color temperature range (again :smiley: ). According to the package it should range 1800K-6500K, although 2000K-6500K would also be fine since I’m not sure that the claim on the package is correct

Is this the information that you would need to include it in the fingerprints?

manufacturer: MLI
model: tint-ColorTemperature
Raw Description: 01 0104 010C 01 08 0000 0004 0003 0006 0008 0005 0300 1000 00

Hi @Radi

Is a rgbw or only level and color temperature?
I can include it with a 2000k-6500K profile

only level and color temperature

1 Like

Added to this driver version

─────────────────────────────────────────────────── 
 Name         Zigbee Light Multifunction Mc            
 Version      2022-11-17T15:03:08.043794052        
  - id: "tint-ColorTemperature/MLI"
    deviceLabel: Light MLI
    manufacturer: MLI
    model: tint-ColorTemperature
    deviceProfileName: level-colortemp-2000-6500
1 Like

you’re the man! it works. Thank you so much

1 Like

Data * zigbeeNodeType: ROUTER

• application: 01
  • endpointId: 01
  • manufacturer: Light
  • model: A11
    Raw Description 01 0104 010D 01 0A FC01 0000 0003 0004 0005 0006 0008 0300 1000 FFEE 03 0019 1000 FFEE

I also tried using the zigbee thing mc driver but it just keeps using a stock device handler

Hi @Jesse_Cotten

I need too the capabilities to assign a profile, color, color temperature adjust, level?

saturation: 2
hue: 29
switch: off
level: 100 %
checkInterval: 720 s
colorTemperature: 5000 K
switch: off
colorName:

Hi @Jesse_Cotten

Version      2022-11-19T10:12:13.768108067        
  - id: "Light/A11"
    deviceLabel: Light A11
    manufacturer: Light
    model: A11
    deviceProfileName: rgbw-level-colortemp-2700-6500

Version      2022-11-19T10:12:13.768108067        
  - id: "GLEDOPTO/GL-C-009"
    deviceLabel: GLEDOPTO GL-C-009
    manufacturer: GLEDOPTO
    model: GL-C-009
    deviceProfileName: rgbw-level-colortemp-2700-6500
  - id: "OSRAM/LIGHTIFY FLEX"
    deviceLabel: LIGHTIFY FLEX RGBW
    manufacturer: OSRAM
    model: LIGHTIFY FLEX OUTDOOR RGBW

This driver version has the function

1 Like

Should the profile be Switch & Level since it can’t change the RGB or white temp? This is a simple LED dimmer.

Great news about being abele to set the defaults! I’m so happy to have that functionality again!

1 Like