(EDGE Driver-Mc): Z-Wave Edge Drivers and others with FIBARO devices:

Got it. Looks like that limitation has been mentioned a few times in the community. I wonder how the ovidiu.pruteanu device handler was able to exceed that limit?

Hi Mariano, i have four external temperature sensors attached to the fibaro smart implant, I use it to monitor the temperatures of 4 heating circuits, the maximum are 6 DS18S20. Can you add a profile for 4 o 6?
Thanks for your great effort

Hola @svalenciano

I will add all profiles, 1 to 6 probes.
Te aviso cuando estΓ© hecho

1 Like

I will add new limits -50 to 250ΒΊC in the next version

@svalenciano @JBurg
Added 6 profiles to use 1 to 6 external temperature probes
added new limit -50ΒΊc to 250ΒΊc for all temperatures in device

Try and tell me if works fine

───────────────────────────────────────────────────
 Name         Fibaro Smart Implant BETA-2
 Version      2023-02-11T13:05:01.628883766        
1 Like

You are amazing. IOS is slow to update the driver. I’ll keep trying to get the new one and will let you know when it does.

Are you able to show me the process for installing this driver?
Or at least the location where I can add them to my ST Hub
I am surprised no official driver has been released for this component yet from Fibaro. If I had known this I probably would have forgone buying it.

Best Regards!

Hi @John_M3

I wrote You in my thread

1 Like

Fibaro support has often said that their devices are zwave certified by the independent z wave alliance. (Which is true.)

If any hub requires special work after that, they believe it is up to that hub manufacturer to provide whatever is required. (Which, to be honest, is not an unreasonable position for a business to take when there is an independent third-party standard, like Z wave.)

So they did not provide any groovy DTHβ€˜s and they are not going to provide any edge drivers, since that is unique to the smartthings system and not part of the Z wave standard.

Consequently for Fibaro devices, it is up to the community to develop the needed edge drivers. :thinking:

Thank you so very much!
Do you have a tip-jar ?

I have installed the new version of the driver but in preferences only can select 1 or 2 probes.

Para actualizar el controlador instale otro en el dispositivo, desinstale la versiΓ³n antigua (fecha 10-2) en el hub e instale la nueva (11-2) y volvi a seleccionar el controlador en el dispositivo, todo esto borrando el cahe de la app (uso android), pero o es el mismo o algo he hecho mal… y he repetido el proceso varias veces.
Ahora he seleccionado otro controlador, dejare pasar unas horas y te cuento

Hola @svalenciano

Try with this driver version
Could be due to the problem with the update the preference changes in profiles

Name         Fibaro Smart Implant BETA-2
 Version      2023-02-13T11:17:04.66142314
1 Like

Just checked. That update worked for me with whatever you changed. Thanks.

1 Like

I can see the four temperatures,
Thanks @Mariano_Colmenarejo for this driver

2 Likes

I have been using this new driver (13-2-23) with SharpTools and also the ST API.
There seems to be an issue with multiple external sensors and the deviceID
With 1 external sensor it is possible to differentiate this from the internal one using the component name via the deviceid (xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx:externalTemp1)
With 2 sensors - only one is reporting via the API (and also SharpTools) but the other is reporting via the ST App. I do not see two external sensors in the ST App. Have I configured the driver incorrectly? Any help would be appreciated

Hi @Richard_Jarvis

This driver creates only a device.id with several components, one for each device endpoint that reports to the driver.

I don’t know if sharp tools can see all the components, I think so.
The smartthings routines can see them, and they are within the same device.id

When you change to a profile with more than one probe, the first time, it is necessary to clear the cache of the app to see the new profile.
With IOs I don’t know, I don’t use IOs

If you want or need, you can create independent devices for each temperature probe, with profile and all the functions of a thermostat.

Yes, SharpTools can see the components of multi-component devices. Each component is synced across as its own β€˜Thing’ in the SharpTools world with an ID in the format deviceId:componentId as Richard alluded to.

Can you clarify which SmartThings REST API call you are only seeing one of the components in? Normally you would see each of the components listed under under the device details (along with a main component) when querying the REST API.

1 Like

I have cleared the cache but can still only see one probe both in the ST App and SharpTools.
Do I need to power down the device or re-include it for the second probe to become visible?

Are you select the correct number of probes in device settings app?

If yes, Try to set 1 probe and save then select 2 probes ans save again

Thank you - that has solved it!
I can now see two external sensors both in SharpTools and the ST History API which I am using to create graphic tiles.

3 Likes