(EDGE Driver-Mc): Aplicaciones Virtuales Mc (virtual Switch Mirror, Virtual Calendar and virtual Switch Board...)

Still, I guess the limits have issues to.
This :

Did not ran. And it is very simple routine.
And this:

Worked well.

1 Like

Hi @Mariano_Colmenarejo, I wasn’t aware of the child device drivers! They’re the aqara 2gang zigbee switches. Does your multiswitch/child get the child into Alexa as well ? Does the 1s delay need to be added on both the on and off routines or just turning on? Thanks again

Yes, they work with alexa, but there is no aqara double switch in my controller.

you can put it in both, I have it only in one

@Mariano_Colmenarejo sorry for the trouble again…
I just tested a simple routine with Month = 11

And the notification did not fire up.
And then changed it to Month = 10

And the notification showed up!
So I guess what I said yesterday regarding the lower limit was not right. The problem is that the Month (at least in my phone) is still in 10, not 11.
How can I debug this? Can I see the values using the CLI?

Hi @andre_petinga

It works well for me.

You can see with the CLI the logs of the Aplicaciones Virtuales Mc driver and if you do a refresh it will show you the updated capabilities values

I’m using your (old) Virtual Calendar MC. I never changed to the Virtual Appliances MC driver, since I don’t nee anything else rather than the Calendar.
At the time you said I could still use this, so I did. Could it be a problem with this driver and I have to change to the Virtual Appliances?
I’ll try to see the logs using the CLI. I don’t know if I have time today… Maybe tomorrow…

Hi @andre_petinga

That driver is no longer updated and is not in the channel. I can’t have multiple versions updated for the same features.

You only have to install Aplicaciones Virtuales Mc and when you have it installed in the app, you make a driver change from Virtual calendar Mc to Aplicaciones Virtuales Mc.
You will not lose a name, any routine or scene, you will only have to re-enter the Offset of your local time

1 Like

Hey, it worked. I don’t know why, but the test routine now works.
So now I’m using Virtual Appliances MC. That was the only change I did.

FYI: I did a search nearby devices and the Mirror device did not show up… I’m not at home and I don’t know if I have to be for this search to work…

You just have to do a search when you install the Aplicaciones Virtuales Mc driver and it will appear in the room without assigning the MAIN Virtual Device.
With this device you can now create new virtual devices

Yes, I know. But it doesn’t show up.
And don’t know if there is an order to do it. Because before the search I applied the driver to the old virtual calendar. And after that I did the search, just to make the installation of the device. Because, for now, I don’t need anything else, just the calendar.

You should have done the search first and then made the driver change.
You can install the Aplicaciones Virtuales Mc-(SOS), do a search and when the device appears, change the driver to Aplicaciones Virtuales Mc.
Then delete the Aplicaciones Virtuales Mc-(SOS) from the Hub

1 Like

Worked! You are really great and can think of any possibility.

Thanks once again (and again, and again)!!!

1 Like

Hi @Mariano_Colmenarejo I found this thread and installed a Virtual Calendar to see what I could do with it. Having input my coordinates in the settings and the UTC offset appropriately for DST, the local time, sunrise and sunset times all seem right.

What is a bit weird, however, is that the Day Length is showing as -11 hrs 45 min. I thought it might be because I am in the southern hemisphere that was throwing it off, and that it should be reading 12 hr 15min (i.e 24 hrs -11:45). But that doesn’t equate to sunrise at 6:11 and sunset at 19:56 as it is showing today. The day length should be 13 hrs 45 min by my calculations.

Offsets to sun rise and no set are also wrong.
All the calculations are done with the UTC time so you have to do some conversions for the day change.
Try this version to see what it calculates

───────────────────────────────────────────────────
 Name         Aplicaciones Virtuales Mc
 Version      2022-11-03T23:25:38.402290246        

I have updated the driver

Sill showing the same length of day, but different sun rise/set offsets. I will check again tomorrow to see if it updates on a new day.

Coordinate settings - close enough for these purposes, but not precise enough to locate my house

Hi @RebelMagpie

Try this version

Name         Aplicaciones Virtuales Mc
 Version      2022-11-04T09:32:12.445996657        

That seems to have done it.

I still have a negative sunset offset, that yours isn’t showing, but everything else looks good

Thanks again

1 Like

Hi @RebelMagpie

Negative offsets indicate the minutes remaining for next sunset or sunrise.
Positive offsets indicate the minutes that have passed since last sunset or sunrise.

1 Like

Hi @Mariano_Colmenarejo just wanted to check something. I am creating some routines that I want to run on weekdays unless it is a public holiday. I have created a virtual device that I’m using as a flag to indicate when a public holiday occurs to use as a precondition for these routines.

To set the flag I am using your Virtual Calendar with a test of local Month and Day - if it matches the date I give it, it will turn on the Public Holiday flag and automatically turn it off 23 hours later.

We have some holidays that change date each year, so I will need to use full local date YYYYMMDD and update the schedule each year.

Some fall on the same date every year (Xmas Day etc) and they can be set and forget. For those, when I enter the date as MMDD, the field drops the leading zero, so 0126 becomes 126, as an example.

Obviously I can’t test what will happen with a single digit month until we get to January. Will this work? Does it matter that it isn’t showing 4 digits?

Also, how does the date range work? If I enter a range of 20230407-20230410 (Good Friday to Easter Monday next year), will it trigger once every day within that range, or just on the first one?

For the first question I think is yes, it will work. Because the 0 on the left drops automatically.
For the second question I thinks is yes, it will trigger every day.
But Mariano will confirm…

I have some routines that depend on the holidays and my vacation to.
I use Tasker for this. I have tasker reading a Portugal Holidays calendar and if it detects an event it triggers a task. In that task I make an API request that turns on a virtual device (I called it Holidays). And when tasker no longer detects the event, it triggers another task, and on this one I turn off the Virtual Device.

1 Like