[Edge Driver] Hue Motion Sensor (No Hue Bridge)

i have taken two hue motion outdoors into use with my smartthings house, and it works more then perfect on the first day.

Limits of using the “frient” motion sensor i had before is that they can’t see “no motion detected for x time” beyond the actual time set. Causing a automation set to shut down lights if 2 sensors do not detect motion, to not work.

Using the same setup as with the 2 “frient” motion sensors, they work perfect now.
I have also changed my indoor lights activation to be based on the lux measured outdoor, will see how that will work out, will probably at least have to tweak the lux amount for activation, but the “when lux is equal or lower then” works fine!

Thank you for creating this, it works amazing, and adding the two sensors was also a breeze. (using the smartthings hub v3) It was indeed a matter of installing the scripts on first post here, and then simply searching for a new device in the smartthings app. It was then added automaticly, without any setup process.

1 Like

Hello

Thanks @iquix for new edge drivers.

I was very happy when I found replacement of DTH code for Philips Hue Outdoor Motion sensor. I downloaded the driver thinking no more connection dops, no more resetting devices from high ladder.

Unfortunately, I experienced the same issues with my four sml002, maybe worst as every single time before resetting the device I have to login to my Smartthings account on the website and delete manually the sensor (you cannot do it through the android app). After that I can start whole process which is scan for nearby devices and after setup automations. My Hue Motion Sensors, they go offline randomly - I can reset device and be happy for 2hours or 2weeks.I have one indoor sml001 but with the same issues.

Johan_Ahiner, you have mentioned that unsecure mode fixed your issues. I am not Developer so is there any way you could guide me please?

iquix, Johan_Ahlner please help, I am desperate to get this working properly.

Thanks

Hi All,

After all, it looks like you do not have to be developer to find Secure Mode option :slight_smile:

In case you have offline issues with your Philips Hue Motion indoor / outdoor Sensor, please find Smarthings HUB tile in your phone app. You have to go inside your tile to see Secure Mode ON/OFF option.

I believe changing Secure Mode to OFF position resolved my problem - I am online for 9 days so far.

Thank you @Johan_Ahlner for a clue:

I have the same problem as paris I can add the hue sensor but it doesn’t do anything, doesn’t detect any motion or temperature etc

Repeat delete/repair the device until it works.

1 Like

Any other tips? I’ve retried pairing deleting resetting like 20 times! :upside_down_face: and the same thing always happens! I have secure mode off just keeps showing a motion sensor that doesn’t sense anything

I was able to get this added using the edge driver you supplied. Thank you! I was using a custom device handler previously.

I have noticed that the “cool” down time on motion detection is not as short as it was using the old device handler, but still really good. The temperature also reports every 5 minutes as well. Is it possible to shorten the time that this reports as I would like to get a more frequent reading for the application I am trying to use this for?

Sorry, which Edge driver? The channel doesn’t include anything relating to motion sensor, or what am I missing? Thanks heaps!

Isn’t this whole post about the edge driver that was created by the OP for the Hue Motion Sensor or did I post this in the wrong place?

2 Likes

This doesn’t work with the newest Hue motion sensor SML003.

• zigbeeNodeType: SLEEPY_END_DEVICE
  • application: 02
  • endpointId: 02
  • manufacturer: Signify Netherlands B.V.
  • model: SML003

I heard that newer version has changed in sensitivity settings. I don’t have information about the sensitivity packet for the newer model.

Hi!

I’m guessing I’m doing something wrong, but what?
I have 2 Philips Hue outdoor sensor SML004

1. Opened the link
  2. Enrolled
  3. Installed driver Hue motion sensor (and dimmer switch just to be sure, OP says so)
  4. Put sensor in connect mode
  5. Search with app for devices nearby
  6. Finds a “thing”

Okay, does this mean the driver isn’t on my hub yet? How can I tell? Am I doing something wrong? Keep trying to add it?

Edit:
Did find that in the fingerprint it just says SML001 and SML002?
And if I change the “type” I can gat temperature, just no movement.

Hue SML004 is their new outdoor motion sensor. It allows for four sensitivity settings instead of two, which is throwing off some integrations. Same outer case, though, so it looks just the same.

SML003 is the new model of the indoor sensor, same issue.

Historically, people have used the same DTH for both SML001 (original indoor) and SML002 (original outdoor) since they have the same Capabilities and parameters as each other.

1 Like

Yeah, my bad.
Editted my post.

1 Like

I’ve got the SML002. The motion, temperature and battery are all reporting correctly, but not illuminance. I’ve got the 2021-09-15 driver installed for this from Iquix.

Any ideas?

I’m using the same version in my home, and having no problem so far. Maybe configureReporting packet got lost while pairing process. Try deleting the device, and pair the device again, to resend the configuration packet.

It seemed to start working after a while. I think it didn’t do a poll on add, so had to wait for the first lux poll at the next scheduled interval.

No history graph for lux (like temperature does), but it’s showing up entries in the log.

I gave this driver a shot with some outdoor sensors. I am getting illuminance, temp, and battery but not motion. I am also seeing this message when starting up the driver.

Device does not support cluster 0x0500 not adding configured attribute

I don’t know what’s cluster 0x0500 for, but occupancy sensing cluster, which is used by hue motion sensors, is 0x0406.
Try re-pairing the device.

1 Like

That’s the IAS Cluster which is typically used for motion sensors. Not something I’ve delved into but presumably the ST Edge library assumes this by default for motion sensors.

2 Likes