[EDGE DEVICE] Simple Harmony Bridge **Alpha Testing**

@lmullineux have you ever thought about creating a driver for the BroadLink hub? I prefer Harmony but can’t find those anymore unless used on eBay. Would be great to see one for BroadLink as an alternative. TIA

2 Likes

@Drknght4

Sorry, I only write drivers for devices I own.

I would find it too difficult without the device in hand and the ability to test at each step of the way

I hope someone else comes along with a driver for you though.

1 Like

Driver Update 22/09/2022:

Bug fix for multiple hub users [EDGE DEVICE] Simple Harmony Bridge **Alpha Testing** - #106 by lmullineux - This caused the PowerOff Activity not to create on subsequent hubs because the activity has the same ID on each harmony hub. To utilise this fix, once your driver has updated, turn on ‘get config on connect’ then turn on ‘activity devices enabled’. This will create a new poweroff activity for each hub, it will be called something like ‘HB 1234 Activity - PowerOff’ where 1234 is the ID of your hub.

If you have used the activity devices prior to the driver update, you will now have duplicate PowerOff activity devices - please delete the one without the hub id in it’s name Although it will actually still work and won’t cause any harm.

@eric182

1 Like

Driver Update 22/09/2022:

Repeat capability added to device commands, so you can specify how many times to repeat a command.

FYI: the driver will tell harmony the buttons were pressed and released 100ms apart for each repeat (press,100ms,release,100ms,press,100ms,release)

I use this to press my skip button 4 times to skip the adverts when watching recorded content.

Just add “replay”:4 to the end of the command, where you want it to repeat 4 times.

1 Like

I did the update… and all my activities stopped working. Followed all the steps you mentioned. I then deleted the driver, re-installed everything and boom… it works. Just an FYI. Not sure if it’s iOS related or not but just wanted to share. Now all working flawlessly!!! I can switch between Fire TV and Apple TV with no problem. I wish they had a driver for the Qled Samsung TVs :man_shrugging:t2: to make it all work local :joy:

1 Like

Do edge drivers update automatically? Or do we have to delete the device, then install it again?

Thanks

2 Likes

Automatic - but can take up to 24 hours

It is possible to force it through the cli

1 Like