[EDGE DEVICE] Simple Harmony Bridge **Alpha Testing**

I have been asked about this a few times now, and I have previously promised to take a look at implementation. The main issues I need to overcome were I had taken shortcuts in the implementation using global variables because I only ever envisaged this being used with 1 Harmony hub, this will not work when there are multiple devices using the same driver (i.e each device would have it’s own hubid and ip address, but i only have 1 field called ipaddress and it is used everywhere in the code.

The second issue is the way the fake discovery works, as it doesn’t really discover the harmony hub.

Anyway I think I have answers to both of these problems, but unfortunately I cannot test this because I only own 1 harmony hub.

I need you

I need a couple of volunteers to test the multi-hub setup
the basic tests will be

• Configure multiple harmony hubs - you must own at least 2, and have them on the same network as your smartthings hub
  • Send device commands to each hub - make sure there is no interference
  • Send activity commands to each hub - make sure there is no interference
  • Delete a hub, make sure it doesn’t break the remaining hub
  • Add a hub back again after deletion

Any volunteer would need to be able to provide logs from logcat using st cli whenever there is an issue - debugging may be tricky though as i might not be able to re-create the issue my side using only 1 hub.

Mentioning the people who have asked me about this, or mentioned the 1 hub restriction @eric182 @Joalred @jjmucker @Alwas @Automated_House

Please message me if you can help with the testing

1 Like