well, results of the firmware upgrade. not quite as expected;
did not work via;
did work via Windows XP (only old one I had lying around).
I did manage to pull the configuration system from the device, which shows custom voice files should be possible it’s just a bunch of Flac files.
some basic config files are on the box, but not much else.
the time settings (time block), basic config for connecting to the right node and silent mode on/off…
it seems to have in total 16gb storage and the boot loader part (where the update goes has) 1 gb space, while the firmware is just over 1 mb.
will see if there’s more I can pull out of the usb interface.
I have that part already. Start/Stop auto mode, get battery info, get device info. the voice part you are referring to will most likely come from the home automation system (like Siri with Apple).
At the moment I’m still digging into more commands and traces to see what else I can find, but I could build a working setup in java code to hook into i.e. homebridge. At that point it would be able to connect to Apple’s homekit.
Right now all tests have been done on an alive connection to the servers, what I haven’t tried is connect, send command, disconnect (i.e. to send the start command) and in say ten minutes send a return to charger command in a new session. all is in their architecture designed around one live session in which all happens.
most likely it will work, but it will also bring delays in the commands.
another part that’s not completed yet, is the initial authentication over web calls… I have half of them now in the code, but not all. And there’s still one variable (a number in the addressing of the devices that I can’t trace back to anything outside of the machine yet).
the devices are targeted with @<node/variable>.ecouser.net, if the <node/variable> is wrong, it will not do a thing.
that’s the major question right now, how to let someone like yourself figure out what that number is, or how to obtain it from the server. It’s available in the device info command, but I can’t get that without addressing the robot properly first.
maybe for the fun of things, could you send me a S/N on the Botton of the device to see if the number actually matters ? (Don’t worry, I can’t control it, it’s protected on user level, one cannot control any device outside of it’s user…)
I hadn’t had much time to go any further into the code, so the code as it is right now is working for starting / stopping and some more commands.
It’s in java (eclipse project) and can be found at; http://www.ictravi.com/files/ecovacs-v0.1.zip
Hope this helps you guys out into starting your own integrations.
I think we should keep going at this. I’ve been really busy so I haven’t had time to take a look. As the weather starts to get cold I’m sure I’ll have more time. I can tell you I did contact the product team for the vacuum and they claim to be releases and api at the end of the year, but I wouldn’t hold my breath. I heard the same thing from another company (NuHeat floor thermostats), they are 6 months late so far so I did it on my own.
I just got mail that Deebot M80 pro skill has been added to Alexa. You can do three commands activate, pause and recharge. I wonder if they have released the API for all? Can anyone check if N79 got the access as well?
I have had other robotic vacuums, and this one is far from dumb. I find this one is more able to negotiate from hard wood floors to area rugs with padding, to a marble threshold onto a tile floor, than my more expensive robot. I have also found if you follow the directions about the distance on the left and right and in front of the charger, the robot always finds it’s home. Yes it has gotten stuck under a piece of furniture, but so did my Roomba. I have also found that my N79 cleaned my bedroom floor faster than my other robots and then had plenty of battery to do my living room dining room and family room. But again everything with these robots depends on type of floor, size of rooms and how much furniture is in the way. Example in my dining room with a large parsons table and six chairs, the robot takes longer to clean than my much larger den.