Ecolink DWZWAVE2.5-ECO battery

What is the easiest way to know whether the Ecolink DWZWAVE2.5-ECO is still operating? I have a couple doors that are rarely used. I notice that when I remove the battery, the device shows as whatever the last status was - opened or closed.

There is no indication that the device is not working. I worry that when the battery runs out, I won’t know because from my understanding - the “100%” reading means nothing.

If my door is always closed, how will I know if someone breaks in if the battery goes dead or it stops sending signals? It will just say closed and appear the way it always does…

Most people use the “simple device viewer” smartapp Which can send you notifications at time intervals you set if a device has become inactive.

There are some other options as well. Check the quick browse lists in the community – created wiki, look in the smart app section, and look on the “wellness check“ list. :sunglasses:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Quick_Browse_the_Community-Created_SmartApps_Forum_Section

1 Like