Ecobee disconnecting from Smartthings

Hi,

That’s one of the reasons why I created My ecobee device (for resilience), but also to add much more features than the stock device.

I ask for a small contribution (the equivalent of few cups of coffee) because of the time spent designing, developing & testing my excellent products (just for ecobee alone, I’ve developed & tested more than 15K lines of code).

There is no other ecobee implementation that leverages all the ecobee APIs under the ST platform. The code allows you to grow as your Home Automation needs grow with more complex requirements (ex. alternative cooling, use of any ST connected temp/motion/contact sensors for setpoint adjustments, zoned Heating/Cooling smartapps with the concepts of rooms/zones/schedules).

See all the complimentary smartapps available at my github provided that you contribute to My Ecobee device:

With My Ecobee device, you just need to install it once, and you can forget about it: My Ecobee device has a unique design which uses as few state variables as possible, hence its resilience against any ST outages. Also, My ecobee device has some advanced queue mechanisms that will re-issue any ecobee commands lost due to some ecobee API outages (over the next hour)… If you’re technical, you’ll understand why resilience is so important.

You don’t need to take my words for it, here are some testimonials of this unique resilience. Some of my contributors have been using it for years without any issues.

Regards.