Ecobee Device Network ID and Hub Missing

Historically I’ve had 2 Ecobee 4 thermostats working without issue. They stopped responding to smartthings scene commands so after a lot of testing, I decided it was best that I delete the devices and restart. I’ve tried multiple times to delete my ecobee thermostats, sensors, and the linked services and then relink them to smartthings. I can see the devices and can control them manually in smartthings but the automated scenes aren’t working. I looked into the IDE and noticed that all devices have Type, Hub, and device network id populated except the ecobee devices. I think that is the root of the problem.

Any ideas on how to get these to regenerate when they pair to smartthings? Right after pairing, it seems like in Type the value is “placeholder” and the Hub is blank, and the Device Network ID shows the following for each device…

ecobee|:apolloSmart-ecobee3_remote_sensor|:undefined
ecobee|:apolloSmart-thermostat|:undefined
ecobee|:apolloSmart-thermostat|:undefined

Not sure what the issue is with the scenes not working, but you’ll start seeing more and more devices with “placeholder.“ That just means it’s using the new smartthings architecture, which the IDE is not designed to deal with.

As JD mentioned that is expected for the new C2C integration with ecobee. As a C2C integration the hub isn’t involved so the device should only show which location it is associated with as it doesn’t communicate directly with the hub.

1 Like

Understood but I’m not diagnosing the IDE but using it as a window as to what could be going on. it is still odd that I continue to add devices and it’s only the ecobee that doesn’t populate. I suspect my biggest concern is the lack of device network ID or should I not care about that either?

I’m really just trying to determine why scenes won’t update the thermostat when manually I can within the smartthings app and using the IDE as a potential tool to do so.

Looks like quite a few other people are reporting recent issues with the ecobee integration:

Ecobee temperature settings forcing to HOLD and sensors no longer work in automations

If there are other actions in the Scenes do those perform as expected? You might be best off contacting support so they can take a look at the scene and compare it to the logs on the backend.

1 Like

All other scenes work. Opened a case with support.