Echo Speaks Examples

Works for me too.

Can someone help me with this.

Iā€™ve never used webCoRe before but trying to learn. If this wont work at all please let me know. If it does, Iā€™m sure there is probably a much cleaner way of doing it.

How can I make so each chunk loops or repeats the announcement and push notification every 30 seconds until the the sensor that triggered state changes back to 'dry"?

I need help with triggering the Echo device to play a particular sound from a particular free skill.

e.g.
Sound Name: Distant Thunderstorm
Skill Name: Ambient Noise
Developer: Invoked Apps

I tried a few ways, but the only thing I came up with that did anything at all was a sound in Amazon Music Unlimited (i.e. not the one in the Ambient Noise skill by Invoked Apps).

The problem is that that sound is not free, and Iā€™m not going to pay for ā€˜Unlimitedā€™ Amazon Music just to get a particular, simple sound file.

So, do any of you know how to do what Iā€™m looking for?

Unfortunately, Echo Speaks does not have the ability to invoke skills.
(The only work around i have found is to put two devices close enough that one can hear the other speaking.}

1 Like

Soā€¦like, maybe have a Google Home Mini (which sits pretty much right next to the Dot in this case) speak the command to make Alexa do what I want?

I saw that suggested elsewhere recently, but found it a bit anticlimactic.

Is there any other way of going about such a thing (maybe via Alexa routines or something) without using an audible command?

Alternatively, is there a free ā€˜Distant Thunderstormā€™ (or similar) sound available in any of the music services that are available to access from within Echo Speaks?

Is it possible to have an echo play a flash briefing and then start the radio? @tonesto7
playflashbrief();
searchTuneIn(ā€œToday FMā€);

I am having some issues with the sequence of commands that is carried out when setting up responses in webcore. The problem is that it issues the flash briefing and then immediately issues the searchTuneIn Command so it just goes straight to the radio, I cant issue a wait in between as the flash briefing will be variable lengths each day

Is there any way around this?

I tried to executeRoutineId(morning radio); which is an alexa routine i have to play the flash briefing and then radio but even though the log says it issues the command alexa does nothing so im stuck.

I would really love any help r suggestions people have

1 Like

Have you tried just creating a routine in Alexa?

That only works in US and Canada at the moment (routines triggered by other smart devices). All we have is voice triggers of routines. Lost a few hours before I found that out

Hi guys anyone know why this is not working?

This just gave me a really good idea. Iā€™m going to add a sequence builder.
To allow the creation of complex actions in a single command (the same way a routine works). So 1 command to Amazon will include all of the items at once and execute them in order sequentially.

executeRoutineId is not ready for the big time yet because there is no way to easily get the id associated to the routine by name. Amazon doesnā€™t store the name of the routine in the data available to us.

You can find the automationId to use in the executeRoutineId() command here: https://alexa.amazon.com/api/behaviors/automations
You just need to look through each one to find the one match the actions you are looking for.

4 Likes

You canā€™t name routines in alexa (at least my version); the display appears to be derived from the routine triggers (which are in the automations detail).

A sequence builder sounds fantastic (even if I have no idea what that is) if you think that would help then Iā€™m all for it.

Itā€™s usually best to use an event to trigger a piston rather than a condition. Try using ā€œchanges to openā€ instead of ā€œis openā€. Also, just to clean things up, all three commands can be issued in the same with (use one of the Echo-Kitchen withs).

1 Like

I checked for the automation ID but no luck, it seemed like it just listed the prebuilt ones, there were not enough listed for the amount of routines I have either. I noticed 2 were disabled so I disabled the one Iā€™m interested in hoping to narrow it down that way but the page does not refresh with difference data so Iā€™m more sure if itā€™s just slow to populate or itā€™s not actually a current list of custom routines at all

Hereā€™s a good example:

Here is my garage door piston. You just have to replace the push command with the setvolumeandspeak command for echo.

3 Likes

Iā€™m posting this because someone asked - maybe itā€™ll help others.
This is the first of two pistons that are needed to do my Garbage Reminders via Echo Dot.
Iā€™ll post the second in this same post later.

This first piston sets global variables.

The second applies those variables. (2 images)

1 Like

I have a new command function in v2.3.0 that you guys will love.

Itā€™s a sequence creator executeSequenceCommand("volume::40, speak::this is so silly, wait::60, weather, traffic, joke, volume::30")

It will allow you guys to create your own sequential tasks that will execute in order.
Amazon even has a wait value in routines now that can be added.

7 Likes

Here is an example of how to use Echo Speaks to speak a long string. Normally, you are limited to about 200 characters. This routine parses the long string into manageable chunks and then they are spoken by Echo Speaks. I have one remaining problem with this routine and that is when a ā€œWaitā€ command is issued after a Echo Speaks command, it seems to disrupt the loop. If I enable Async processing, the loop runs correctly per the log file but the strings are spoken in random order and cut off. Anyone have any ideas?

Hmmā€¦ With the new sequence command @tonesto7 just added, you might be able to avoid the wait.