Dumb Paddle Switch Repair?

This is not SmartThings exactly but I’m hoping someone can help me on this. I have a dumb switch that ‘broke’ and I’m trying to see if I can fix it. Might sound silly given a new switch is cheap but this is a Pass and Seymour in Dark Bronze and right now I cannot find a replacement. I put in another brand and the colours are off.

Here’s my switch. It stopped clicking from on to off - instead it’s returning to the off position (almost like the hack that has been posted in here). It’s acting like the spring moved to the wrong place. For the life of me I cannot figure out how it should look inside/placement of spring, etc. I have Googled the heck out of it to no avail.

Note, the spring sits on that little post nicely but that seems wrong as the switch then continues to act like a momentary rather than bi-stable.

Did you contact their support?

https://www.legrand.us/contact.aspx

You know, I didn’t. I’ll give that a try. Thanks.

EDIT: I think I see the issue. It looks like a small piece of plastic has broken off on the actual paddle part. We’ll see what Legrand says. I’m well out of warranty but maybe they have some old stock they can send me.

2 Likes

How about this one on Amazon?

Yeah, I did find that one. My only (really silly) nit is they have now added that logo on the bottom of the switch which is a little tacky. But I will grab it if Legrand doesn’t have any old stock.

Thank you.

1 Like

Just to close this out, Legrand replied to my email and are shipping out a replacement even though I’m well out of warranty.

4 Likes