DTH toggle tile missing in ST New App

I would have thought that this might have been asked here but I didn’t find anything obvious. I’m thinking this just my lack of search capability!

Regardless, I have an existing DTH that I am tinkering with to a)enable local execution and b) ensure compatibility with the new app. It seems that local execution was simplistic but making things work in the new app has been a bit more challenging but it is my first attempt. Everything seems happy but one difference in the new app is that I don’t see the command tiles when I click on the device. I’m not sure if this is some ofc/vid conflict or if there is something different since I don’t know what I don’t know at this point.

To make it clear, the DTH has this in the metadata def:

/* My DTH */
metadata {
    definition (name: "XXX", namespace: "YYY", author: "ZZZ", ocfDeviceType: "oic.d.AAA", mnmn: "BBB", vid: "generic-CCC",
            runLocally: true, minHubCoreVersion: '000.025.00032', executeCommandsLocally: true) {
        capability "A"
        capability "B"
        capability "C"
        capability "Sensor"
        capability "Battery"
        capability "Configuration"
        capability "Health Check"

attribute "enabled", "string"
        command "enable"
        command "disable"

fingerprint ...
    }
    tiles {
        standardTile(…){...}
        standardTile("enabled", "device.enabled", decoration: "flat") {
			state "disabled", label:'DISABLED', action:"toggle"
			state "enabled", label:'ENABLED', action:"toggle"
        }
        valueTile(…){...}
        }
   }
}

In attempt to make it generic, I’ve replaced stuff with XXX, YYY, AAA, …, etc. The issue is the command button toggle-style tiles don’t render in the new app at all. All other tiles seem to show

I’m convinced it must have something to do with the ofcDeviceType or vid or something similar but I’m not sure. Is that a known issue or is there an adaptation?

I can’t tell you how to fix your new app tile issue but to save you some time, no custom DTH will run local at this time. Only some of the stock DTH’s will run local.

1 Like

You know, that’s what I thought too. After adding that line above, it shows “ONLINE Local” in the IDE where it had previously shown “ONLINE Cloud”. I have no way to verify where it is running but I would generally believe the IDE. Maybe I should just disconnect the LAN cable and see if it still works. The only thing I can add is that my DTH is a customized version of one of the stock ones so maybe there’s something going on where it recognizes the device. No idea.

But yeah, the most important thing is to get the toggle tile working - running locally is just nice to have.

Testing is inconclusive…nothing happened when the hub was offline and therefore I would say it isn’t running locally but I also don’t know if it was a good test since all the apps using the device run in the cloud pretty much. I’ll have to figure out a test that I know works when the hub is offline. For sure the activity logs for the device showed nothing until the hub came back online.

Anyhow, anyone have any thoughts on the device tiles being not present?

Smart lighting and I think maybe some of STHM are the only things that run local. It won’t run local unless everything associated with the device is running locally too.

Custom Tiles from Groovy DH Mets Data do not work in the New App as far as I am aware.