THIS DTH IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED (1/30/20). IT IS RECOMMENDED YOU UTILIZE THE EDGE DRIVER FROM @philh30 FOR PROPER INTERFACE AND LOCAL DEVICE CONTROL
Thank you for all of the users that have supported this DTH since July 2018!..Michael
I am pleased to announce the re-release (under new ownership by me) of the GE Z-Wave Plus Motion Switch and Dimmer DTHs (Device Type Handlers)! Special thanks to @mlebaugh for the original DTH and @Darwin for the suggestions and testing of these new DTHs.
These DTHs are required when using the GE model 26931 and 26933 combination Switch (or Dimmer) and Motion Sensor.
No longer do you have to change batteries in the motion detectors of the room! In addition, the devices allow for limited LOCAL CONTROL of lighting based on motion. The DTH also allows you to sync other lights actions (ZWave only) within the SmartThings Environment without the need for a separate app.
This is almost a complete revamping of version 1.0.0 released by @mlebaugh. Below is the change log. Please note that some of you that already are using 1.0.0 with WebCoRE MAY need to update your pistons as I have changed many of the programming commands for consistency and compatibility with other applications.
Removed the following commands from the code as they were never implemented 100%:
Formatted commands to a more consistent syntax for other developers to utilize:
Added the following new commands:
- occupied()-same as occupancy(), sets the operating mode to Occupancy
- vacant()-same as vacancy(), sets the operating mode to Vacant
- setMotionSenseLow()-sets the motion sensor sensitivity to low
- setMotionSenseMed()-sets the motion sensor sensitivity to medium
- setMotionSenseHigh()-sets the motion sensor sensitivity to high
- setMotionSenseOff()-turns off the motion sensor
- setTimeout5Seconds()-set the lighting timeout to 5 seconds
- setTimeout1Minute()-set the lighting timeout to 1 minute
- setTimeout5Minutes()-set the lighting timeout to 5 minutes
- setTimeout15Minutes()-set the lighting timeout to 15 minutes
- setTimeout30Minutes()-set the lighting timeout to 30 minutes
- Optimized code for redundant items and syntax/logic errors.
- Better version control, added version to main screen
- Settings do not override operating mode if left blank (others that are blank will take on default value)
- Added a dashboard on the main GUI to show settings that can be changed programmatically
- Added option to double press the ‘on’ button (manual override) to change the timeout option. Will reset after ‘off’ command (either programmatically or physical push)
The DTHs work with any application that can use a motion sensor or switch. The advanced commands (such as operations mode) are available natively in Ask Alexa and Room Manager ([Migrated to Custom Capabilities] Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized rules based home automation with rooms Occupancy sensing from devices you already have in your home)
Installation instructions for these DTHs are here:
Be sure you use the correct DTH for the model of device (Dimmer/Switch) you have.
- Feel free to use this thread to get support for either of the device types and myself or other community members can assist you.
- When evaluating new features I will typically ask for a valid use case. If it can be used by others to bring them value I will put it on my list of future revisions. Not all suggestions will be used and many times I add aspects of the request.
- There are no dumb questions, but many of the questions you may have were probably answered in the forum and instructions. Please take some time to go through the forum and the wiki if you have issues. And don’t be offended if I give you the specific area of the manual that answers your question. I have spent almost as much time on the documentation as I have on the app.
- If you find a bug or a consistent crash please help me track it down by giving me repeatable steps to reproduce it. A non-reproducible bug, many times, indicates other areas that may be at fault besides the DTH. If you watch the live logging and see a red error with a line number, that is very helpful to me!
As always, I appreciate any public accolades or even donations to my PayPal account: PayPal.Me . However, neither of these are required to use the DTHs.