DTH for zigbee dimming remote YSR-MINI-Z?

Hello,
I’ve been looking the net for zigbee dimming remote called YSR-MINI-Z.
Picture:

Anyone can help / confirm?

Dusan

You can try SangBoy’s Zemismart Button DTH :
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/YooSangBeom/SangBoyST/master/devicetypes/sangboy/zemismart-button.src/zemismart-button.groovy

1 Like

I know that DTH (using with big 4 buttnon) but i’m looking for someone who has actually got this remote working before i buy. Have you :wink:

I will try later this evening when at home :slight_smile:
A question: do you plan to use this remote for anything else than simply turning something on, turning off, brightness (or volume) up or down by a specific percentage (20% up/down as an example) ?

I would use it for changing CCT an dimming the ceiling light. I’m looking for stepless dimming 0-100% super, else i will be happy with preset dimming :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, it works…

I bought mine from here: (link)

• application: 40
  • endpointId: 01
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_pcqjmcud
  • model: TS004F
  • zigbeeNodeType: SLEEPY_END_DEVICE

… although the mobile app UI for multi-button devices is rather messy at this moment… (seems to be ST issue, not specific for this device or DTH) :

I was able to turn a bulb on and off using the simple automation actions assigned to two different buttons.

This DTH supports single click for all 4 buttons and held events for the 3rd and 4th buttons.
To put it in pair mode, you must pres the top two buttons at the same time for approx 5…6 seconds.

Thank you for the effort. One question more: is it possible stepless dimming with “held” button 3 or 4 … Or is “held” ment only for single action?

@dusanhauko although the model ID is TS004F, this dimming remote is different than the other similar devices that I have seen.

So my safest ( :slight_smile: ) answer will be : no, at this moment YSR-MINI-Z remote is not fully supported by the existing ST groovy DHTs. Not all functions compared to when paired to Tuya Zigbee gateway are available in SmartThings.

I will experiment some time more with it and will let you know if there is any news.

This is a temporary link to the development branch of the DTH that works OK for me with the YSR-MINI-Z remote.
Both Dimmer and Scene modes are supported, the switching between the two operational modes is done by simultaneously pressing the bottom two buttons for about 6-7 seconds.

In Dimmer operational mode the remote performs rather well, holding the buttons 3 or 4 for about 2.5 seconds sends a held button event, and after the button is released the DTH sends a ‘up_hold’ event. These events can control ramp-up and ramp-down for bulbs that support it…

So step-less dimming should be possible with YSR-MINI-Z remote!

For this remote, the option ‘Reverse button order’ must be checked in order to match the logical 1-2-3-4 numbering from top to the bottom. Also, the ‘up_hold’ event (sent when a button is released) is not visible on the new mobile app, at this time I am not sure for the reason.

Thank you very much!!
I guess its better to buy 4button square as i own one and it works. And forget about stepless dimming. :frowning:

No, the 4 buttons square TS004F switch has the same functionality (and potentially the same issues) as the YSR-MIN0Z remote. Actually, it lacks the double-click events for the right keys when operated in ‘Dimmer’ mode. So the YSR-MINI-Z remote is a bit enhanced version of the previous square model.

BTW, the build quality of this remote is not great in my opinion, it doesn’t feel like a premium quality product… But for the money, it works.