Starting a new thread for the DSC alarm stuff in particular anything related to the current DSC Smartapp and the AlarmServer software that runs it behind the scenes.
Current status is: Full support for zone and partition status(s)
Current setup difficulty: medium to difficult depending on your knowledge of Python and computers
- DSC or Ademco/Vista alarm panel
- Envisalink 2 or 3 connected to your panel
- A server or computer to run the Python code on 24/7
- Some technical skills
- Smartthings IDE/Developer account (free to anyone)
Upcoming features include:
- Automatic creation of zones and partition devices.
- Easier setup (where possible)
- Arm/Disarm panel
Code and documentation locations:
Smartthings App and custom Device types (along with setup info) can be found here
AlarmServer and HoneyAlarmServer
- AlarmServer for DSC panels: https://github.com/juggie/AlarmServer/tree/smartthings
- HoneyAlarmServer (for Ademco/VIsta panels) https://github.com/MattTW/HoneyAlarmServer
Many, MANY thanks to everyone who helped get all this going and have contributed patches, bug testing and new features! If you like reading you can visit the now very long original thread that started all this which is linked below.
Thanks and please post your questions/problems/successes/failures here!