[OBSOLETE] DSC -> EVL-3(4) -> Alarmserver -> Smartthings

Im thinking to setup almost same thing. Should i use computestick for run scrpt?

@Xero, is there a way that I can setup a “night panel”? A switch that I can use to arm the system in Night mode instead of away mode? Basically, same as away without the bypass delays?

@Xero I have this issue once in awhile where I disarm the alarm through smartthings, it shows as disarmed, but then the freaking alarm goes off when I open the door!

It happened again early this morning and woke up the wholehouse. I could not get it to stop even while disarm a million times in the smartthings app.
With kids crying, I finally had to get a ladder and climb up to panel and unplug the panel power and the battery.

This has now happened 3 times. There was a storm last night and I’m curious if something disconnected between Alarmserver and Smartthings? Unsure why smartthings will show it as disarmed but that doesn’t work.

Please help. Thoughts?

Guys - so now none of my DSC devices are working period. Have rebooted the hub, restarted alarmserver, and nothing. All these DSC related devices (alarms, motion, contacts) show as inactive in smartthings. Help please.

I know this a very late answer and that you have it working, but because nobody ever provided a solution and I just ran into this issue, the answer is that EVL 3 only accepts 6 characters passwords and any extra character will generate the error. The crappy stuff is that EVL will let you input more than 6 characters on it’s web page.
Hope this info will help others.

Hey all! So heres my issue: My devices aren’t getting created inside of ST. No matter what I do, I cannot get it to generate the devices. I can access the alarmserver page and everything, but it simply will not generate the devices. Ideas?

Edit: Changed my issue because I resolved part of it.

Okay all, so I got it working!!! After several hours of trial and error, I finally was able to get it working by changing the config file I was using. I was using an old version of alarmserver, and updating it to the one in the new repo from LXXero worked.Now to get it to start automatically… Thanks so much to this thread!

With this implementation, I see there is the option in the Smartapp to link the alarm arm modes (disarm/stay arm/away arm) to the SHM modes. But in the case when I return home and I open the door before putting my disarm code in, wouldn’t that trigger an intruder alert with SHM? Is there a way to avoid that?

I have had this working for at least a year now in the OLD SmartThings (Classic) app, no problems except an occasional disconnect when I have to restart the rPi and then everything is peachy again.

I just installed the NEW SmartThings app on my phone and all the zones from DSC are saying “Checking Status” and that doesn’t seem to ever go away. My other non DSC related devices report their status correctly to the new SmartThings app. Everything still works fine in the Classic app. Does this alarmserver setup work for anyone using the NEW SmartThings app?

Most custom apps and devices don’t work in the newST app. In fact, I started reverting most of my custom devices back to default so they would work sooner. I imagine Samsung will take their time on transitioning something like this to the new app.

Use your phone as a presence sensor and create a CoRE piston to disarm your panels when present. I haven’t tried it yet but expect to disarm right about when I get to my driveway.

Hello, I am a beginner, and I have a problem for the installation dsc-integration.groovy, I use Control for Smarthings, For my Smartthing V3,

Steps 1 = OK

Steps 2 = OK

Steps 3 = Problem

I have a problem, the application runs in a loop

Has someone already had this problem ?

Thank you

1. Create a new Smartthings App in the IDE. Use the code from DSCIntegration.groovy in the smartapps folder for the new smartapp. Save and publish as needed.

2. Click “Enable OAuth in Smart App” Make sure you save and apply this before you leave the page, as the oauth information displayed isn’t actually applied until you do so.

3. Add/Install the SmartApp on your device and scroll to the bottom section that says “Show SmartApp Token Info”. Copy all this information and save it. You can probably email it to yourself so you can easily copy and paste to your Alarmserver config.

Hi ST members,

Im new to ST, been using vera for years… i have managed to migrate most of my devices over to ST; however cant figure out an easy way to link my DSC + Envisalink 3 with all its basic keypad commands such as bypass,arm.disarm, etc. I have been reading so much on this topic here and have been confused. just hoping to see simple step by step guide how to get this up and running. any help with this setup is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Welcome to the ST world.
Just follow this guide. I’ve been using it for quite some time and it works.

Do you have the Smartthing V3? , I am the steps and I Blocks on my side? ( Steps 3 )

V2. But it makes no difference.
The whole thing is server that runs on Pi and interfaces DSC with SmartThings through the cloud.
You have to use the classic mobile app, not the new one.

Thank you Daniel for sharing the above link. I have managed to follow the guide up to setting up things on the old app; however cannot figure out how to setup alarm server on windows 10. Or other SD card devices… I have done so much reading that I cannot concentrate anymore… :slightly_smiling_face:

Is there a guide on how to set up the alarm server on a Windows 10 pc that you or others ST users can share please?

Thank you :pray:

Unfortunately that guide is far from straightforward or a step-by-step process.

Fire up the AlarmServer. Your devices should get created in smartthings, and you should start seeing events pushed to them within a few moments on your smart phone.

Eg how exactly does a new user ‘fire up the alarmserver’?
How do they keep it running
How do you get it to start on boot
How do you get it to restart after crashing
How do you know if it’s crashed and stopped sending data to smartthings?

All key things that I think are difficult to do and not explained.

I always get stuck on this part too when I upgrade. Somebody really should include this in the original guide… always stomps me for a little while until I remember it again…

It is all in the README files when you download the alarm server from github. There is one called service.xxx and then there is one called README. Follow those instructions.

Look at the text description in the alarmserver.service

The program is started as a service, so it is always running upon boot.

However I also had frequent hangs so I made a timer that will restart the servce once an hour by running

systemctl restart alarmserver.service