[OBSOLETE] DSC -> EVL-3(4) -> Alarmserver -> Smartthings

to answer my own question for anyone else…yes you can.up nd running everything seems good thanks very much

Well done. Next you’ll try to work out how to get alarmserver to automatically run after a reboot - then the real fun starts.

@Xero
Hi Jordan,
I get an error while following alarmserver.service

Pi@raspberrypi:~ $ ln /user/lib/alarmserver/alarmserver.service /user/lib/systemd/system/alarmserver.service

ln: fail to create hard link
‘/user/lib/systemd/system/alarmserver.service‘ ==>
‘/user/lib/alarmserver/alarmserver.service’ : no such file or directory

There is no folder /system in /user/lib/systemd/. I got access deny when try to create folder /system

Thank you

@Xero and anyone else interested
Hi Xero. I have been using your code from GitHub for a while now. The VM I was running alarmserver.py somehow died, so I have put it into a Docker container. To do this I made a couple of small changes to alarmserver.py to get the more sensitive information from an environment variable instead of the config file. This allows me to put the config file on GitHub.

Because I already have a fork of SmartThingsCommunity/SmartThingsPublic I couldn’t create a fork of your repo and create a PR. If possible, I’d like to get the changes back into yours so that it will be easier for me to keep up to date as you make other improvements.

You can find my changes also on GitHub.

Thank you for yours and the others work on this because it has allowed me to easily integrate my home alarm system into SmartThings.

-Mark

1 Like

I have tried the Instant button in DSC Away/Home but nothing happens. Look at the alarmserver log file, look like they are asking for alarmcode. I attached here the snapshot fyi. How can i update the code ?

What’s the different between toggleinstant and instantarm ?

I’m unable to get panel commands to actually do anything. I do see in the console that a web connection is made from smartthings v2 (192.168.13.63) to alarmserver:

2018-02-06 15:39:49 Incoming web connection from ('192.168.13.63', 34659)
2018-02-06 15:39:50 Incoming web connection from ('192.168.13.63', 34660)
2018-02-06 15:39:51 Incoming web connection from ('192.168.13.63', 34661)
2018-02-06 15:39:52 Incoming web connection from ('192.168.13.63', 34662)
2018-02-06 15:39:53 Incoming web connection from ('192.168.13.63', 34663)

When I start alarmserver, the console sure looks like it’s successfully establishing status\connection with EVL4.

What could be wrong?

Same issue here , Armed “home” if alarmserver is rebooted it rearms “Away”

I must say this integration is amazing !! excellent work .
I am having a small issues here and looking for some advice. DCS panel with Envisalink 4 installed , stock raspberry pi 2 where alarmsever is running. Every 6 - 24 hours alarmserver will lock up and stop sending events to smartthings… Any ideas ? are there any other logs to look at other that the alarmserver output log ?
Thanks !

This happens to me too. I have just set a cronjob to restart alarmserver every night at 8pm so I’m usually home without it being set to away.

Thanks Lucas! I’ve tried everything I can think of and can’t quite figure it out. Netstat -at shows a receive Q from Envisalink TPI when it’s locked up. The pi is fine and responsive, SSH, VNC all work fine so it looks like the app just stops accepting data from Envisalink.

Anyone knows what’s toggleinstant doing ? Thank you

Anyone plan to port this over to Hubitat?

Yeah, that’s all I can think of too. From what I understand from @Xero, the program requires better error handling. If I knew python I’d try to help, but I don’t.

yeah it’s sending the instant command, 032.

First of all, thanks for this awesome integration @Xero. This plugin is the main reason I bought a ST to replace my failed ISY99 :grinning:

Now my question, what is the difference between the DSC Away Panel vs the DSC Stay Panel? For both panels, I can use the Away, Stay, and Disarm buttons. What are the different use cases for having 2 separate panels?

its the default action they take when being used as a “switch” from another application/device/etc…

1 Like

Any pointers on where to go from here? At least from the log it looks like alarmserver sees the web connection but it seems like alarmserver isn’t actually sending over the DSC commands? Is that what this looks like?

I’m just looking for a little help understanding what’s going on so I can eliminate a few balls in the air and start doing some debugging. But first I need to understand what the log is indicating and what can be eliminated.

Much appreciated for help!!

You might be able to check out my repo and create a PR without actually publishing to your own repo at all - though I did look over your changes and they seem minor enough, I don’t think they’d break anything in terms of compatibility, just need to figure a good way to generate a diff, I could just checkout your repo and apply the diff, if you don’t mind me doing that

The command execute the code 032 but then it asks for alarmcode. Could you direct me how to fix it ? Thanks

@deliverer33
I have the same issue with instant button. Code is required when sending instant command. How did you fix it? Thank you