[OBSOLETE] DSC -> EVL-3(4) -> Alarmserver -> Smartthings

I used this same URL to access the ID. I have generated my code and the smart app ID but it’s still giving me an error:

{“error”:true,“type”:“AccessDenied”,“message”:“This request is not authorized by the specified access token”}

https://graph.api.smartthings.com/api/smartapps/installations/replacedbymysmartappid/panel/609/1?access_token=replacedbymytoken

I used exactly the format above… nada.

Any ideas?

Are you sure this is correct in your URL ?
https://graph.api.smartthings.com
This part of URL has to be same as on your Smartthings log in page

Example of mine in Eastern Canada
https://graph-na02-useast1.api.smartthings.com

Still not working for me. Every previous step has worked no problem. Any other ideas?

guys, have you link it to SHM ? Everytime the system is armed and we open the door for entry/delay, it fire an alarm in Smart Home Monitor, i have to clear it everytime. Is there a way around that ?

@Chris_Schoepp what is the URL of your IDE when you logging and go to the Home ? Notice the link at the top should change depending of where you are.

I’m west coast but for some reason I log into the eastern us server. I tried manually changing it to west but didn’t work. Every other step worked in the process so I’m not sure what the problem is.

Use CoRE

Make a Virtual Contact Sensor for the Actual Door Sensor that you are using for SHM. Then make a piston in CoRE that says:

If Contact Sensor Changes to open
Then using Virtual Contact Sensor, Wait 1 minute (or however long you need), open

But if Contact Sensor Changes to closed
Then using Virtual Contact Sensor, close

Use the Virtual Contact Sensor for SHM

Do you arm it in stay or away mode? Do you have entry delay timer set in the panel?

There is only one server for US

I only arm in away mode, so i need the front door to be closed, then i arm it, and i have 60 seconds delay to close the door.

When i come back, i open the door and i have 30 seconds to disarm it.

Not having ideas anymore, except to check in the panel if that zone is defined as Delayed.
Also, does the alarm sound on the siren/bell from the panel or only in SHM?

Does anyone else find that there alarm automatically “ARMS in AWAY MODE” once AlarmServer is running? This seems to always be happening to me. Can’t figure out why.

Problem is with DSC panel. It requires at least one zone defined as interior. You can use a spare zone input with a resistor wired to it, define it as type 04-Interior and it will work.

Thanks for the quick reply. I am nto experienced in setting up a new ‘zone input’, and defining its type. Are there any guides that can help? Also, is there anything I can do in the AlarmServer CFG that may be a simpler solution (though not as clean)?

Do you have the installer code for your panel?

Yes I Do Have the Installer Code - Appreciate the assistance in resolving this.

PC5010 panel example

*8 your installer code
001 Zone 1-8 Definitions ( 002 zone defs 9-16 and so on)
00 means zone not used so pick one and change it to 04 (all others just input the same definitions
Then press # # to Exit programming

Also make sure the new defined zone is assigned to proper partition
202 Partition1 zones 1-8 (203 9-16 and so on)

Hey all,
Probably a really stupid question but how have you physically set up your Pi with the EVL-4? What connections have you made? I have the Pi wirelessly connected to my network and the EVL-4 on Ethernet. What else do I need to do to connect them together to run alarm server?

Set static IP on your EVL4 or setup your router to always assign the same IP address via DHCP.
Also forward port to your pi

Well this has turned out to be quite the process…and I’m still not quite setup due to oauth issues I believe. Here’s what I’ve done after reading this thread backwards and forwards and searching repeatedly for error messages I’m getting.

I learned fairly early on to ignore the graph.api.smartthings URL’s found in RESTAPISetup.md file and replace them with graph-na02-useast1.api.smartthings.com. Took me one failed attempt to figure that out.

I’ve got oauth enabled for the app and have my Client ID and Secret Keys. I’ve been able to generate the 6 digit $code referenced in the setup doc. And I’ve even been able to plug that code into the 2nd URL to generate and access token.
So I’m almost entirely done one would think.

When I try to find the app ID using https://graph-na02-useast1.api.smartthings.com/api/smartapps/installations/ I get an error saying “Full Authentication is required to access this resource”.

This is all being done from an Incognito Tab in Chrome and the same tab that I used to generate the the tokens and codes needed by this process so I certainly should be authorized I would think otherwise the previous steps wouldn’t have worked. What on earth am I doing wrong?

Edit: one other thing I’ve attempted is to pull the app ID by logging into IDE using my normal credentials. I think pull up the smartapps/installations URL and I can see the DSC Integration app along with it’s ID. But when I attempt to use that ID in conjunction with the last URL from the RestApi doc it comes up with an error of:
error: true,
type: “SmartAppException”,

Presumably that’s happening because that tab is logged in with my normal credentials and not the access token credentials.

Log in IDE. Go to MyLocations, click on smartapps, find your app in the list and click on it. Last item on the page, under developer options is your app id.

I had tried that app ID previously and failed so I tried it again with a newly generated token and I get the following
{“error”:true,“type”:“SmartAppException”,“message”:“Not Found”}

That was done after doing all the steps again (although not resetting the client ID and secret in oauth settings for the app.)

I truly am at a loss as to why I’m having so much trouble with this.

I’ve even tried deleting the smartapp and pulling down a new copy from the repository and publishing that but still seem to get the same results.