DSC -> EVL-3(4) -> Alarmserver -> Smartthings

I’m having issues as well. With the prior code version (from Oct 2020) everything was working well. I noticed today that new versions were available so I upgraded to the newest Smart App and device handlers as well as the newest alarmserver code.

First thing I noticed is that in the smartapp the STHM sync option is now gone.

I’ve also noticed that any attempts to do ‘arm stay’ fails - when using the DSC Stay Panel on/off button, it just hangs and eventually returns “A network or server error occurred. Try again later” from Smartthings.

Using the DSC Away Panel on/off works - both both arm and disarm though the api error is generated in the alarm server log on disarm even though it appears to succeed in the app and the physical panel: 2021-04-07 22:56:23 => System Error 023 = API System Not Armed (sent in response to a disarm command)

I also tried doing a partition command for arm stay from both the stay and away panel and while each showed the partition status as being in away stay, the actual alarm did not enter that mode and no log sent to the alarmserver log.

I tested several of the partition commands and these are the commands that appear to not be working or at least did not send anything to the alarmserver log.

• DSC Stay Panel (on/off)
  • Arm Stay
  • Bypass

I did not test any of the ‘Key’ or Arm Instant or Arm Night modes as I don’t have any of those implemented.

For now I’ve reverted the smartapps, DTH and alarm server code back to the archived Oct 26, 2020 code from Github and all is working again.

Sounds like similar issues to me after I upgraded

1 Like

First thing I noticed is that in the smartapp the STHM sync option is now gone.

I removed it as it did not do anything in the new ST app; the new ST app does not allow the syncing of the STHM. The classic app did allow this with the SHM.

I’ve also noticed that any attempts to do ‘arm stay’ fails - when using the DSC Stay Panel on/off >button, it just hangs and eventually returns “A network or server error occurred. Try again later” from >Smartthings.

I cannot replicate this at all. It works fine from my end (Android ST app). Are you on an iOS device?

Using the DSC Away Panel on/off works - both both arm and disarm though the api error is generated >in the alarm server log on disarm even though it appears to succeed in the app and the physical panel: >2021-04-07 22:56:23 => System Error 023 = API System Not Armed (sent in response to a disarm >command)

This Alarmserver error is stating that it attempted to disarm the security system, but it was not in an armed state. It caused by Having both a DSC Away and DSC Stay devices, and both will respond independently. It doesn’t make any difference or harm to the system.

I also tried doing a partition command for arm stay from both the stay and away panel and while each >showed the partition status as being in away stay, the actual alarm did not enter that mode and no log >sent to the alarmserver log.

Again, works perfectly fine on my side of things.

I was going to ask if you could send me IDE logs for the DSC devices and the SmartApp, but since you reverted back to what works for you, then don’t worry about it.

I have ios. Still having problems I listed earlier. And now reverting back to the Oct 2020 version of DTH and smartapp did not solve it. So now I’m on the latest version and just dealing with these new loop/race issues