DSC -> EVL-3(4) -> Alarmserver -> Smartthings

Trying to catch up with the new changes. the Away DTH compiles ok but the Stay DTH fails on 3 errors of “disarm” being a duplicate method. Not being Groovy savvy I don’t know what the issue is.
Delete second def at 124?

Org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: script_dth_metadata_65cb1d16_17a4_42de_b47f_c3f232f4328f: 124: The method public java.lang.Object disarm() { … } duplicates another method of the same signature . At [124:1] @ line 124, column 1. def disarm() { ^ script_dth_metadata_65cb1d16_17a4_42de_b47f_c3f232f4328f: 104: Repetitive method name/signature for method ‘java.lang.Object disarm()’ in class ‘script_dth_metadata_65cb1d16_17a4_42de_b47f_c3f232f4328f’. @ line 104, column 1. def disarm() { ^ script_dth_metadata_65cb1d16_17a4_42de_b47f_c3f232f4328f: 124: Repetitive method name/signature for method ‘java.lang.Object disarm()’ in class ‘script_dth_metadata_65cb1d16_17a4_42de_b47f_c3f232f4328f’. @ line 124, column 1. def disarm() { ^ 3 errors

Thanks for the error report! That second disam() shouldn’t be there and the first needs to be fixed. When I’m back home tonight I’ll try to fix it and upload a new version

I fixed the code by removing the duplicate disarm() command. Should work now, hopefully. (First time I’ve coded from my phone! Not a great experience, but possible! :grin:)

1 Like

OK… turns out that I’m not ready to give up my “Instant” key, after all. After a couple days of only having Arm and Disarm, I decided to follow @rontalley recommendation and introduce myself to Webccore last night. After about 3 hours of reading, installing and experimenting, I now have working “Instant” switches for both my partitions. I just invoke them via the home screen when needed. As of now, I have them programmed to activate “No Entry Delay” when turned ON after the panel is armed and to disarm the panel when turned back to OFF. I may change my mind later on. I now understand why Webcore is so popular…

I still plan to move over to the @rtorch branch whenever he gets what he needs from Smartthings in order to finalize his code. To him, thanks for all your work!

2 Likes

So, all this new app migration stuff ended up causing a lot of chaos in my system. I have admittedly been a bit out of touch with this project and I’m glad to see @rtorch is keeping up with it.

After much frustration with the new interface and seeming lack of insight into what the future of ST beholds, I decided to bite the bullet and migrate my entire system over to home assistant with a gocontrol zigbee/z-wave stick, which went pretty darn smoothly. Instant response time versus the “cloud response time” has been night and day and I feel like there’s no looking back now.

All that said, I’m going to step back from this project for good, and hand the proverbial torch over to @rtorch! I’m glad it will live on one way or another, although now I need to dig into the EVL add-on for HA!

When I have time, I’ll try to put up a note in my README file to direct people over to rtorch’s repo. Now that the old interface is dead, I can’t imagine the code in my repo is very useful anymore.

1 Like

I’m grateful for all the work you did originally on this project, and it was one of the first things I did to get ST and my DSC security system working together, when I moved into my new home 2 years ago. It’s what got me into learning how ST and the IDE works. And if it wasn’t for the pandemic and me being bored at home, I would never have gotten into updating all the code.

Anyways, if you need any direction with HA and EVL, I have it running for my office and I have considered it for my home over the past few months, but I still like the simplicity of ST for managing all the devices. As HA evolves though, I may make the jump to it for my home also. Best of luck with it!

For anyone interested, I have mostly completed the update for a new ST app to integrate DSC/Envisalink with ST.

You can find the code on github. If you have your IDE integrated with github, you can add the repository with rtorchia->DSC-Envisalink->master

With this, you can now arm and disarm the security system from the STHM panel :grinning:, and the DSC Stay and Away device panels are registered with ST as a security system. However, if you arm/disarm from the device panels, then the STHM does not change; you still need some automations to sync this part :slightly_frowning_face:.

I have completely removed all the LXXero/DSCAlarm code (thanks for doing all the hard work!), and am running this new code only.

As time permits I’ll keep updating the repository code and add get to writing some docs on installing/migrating to the new code. (I migrated by deleting all the older devices and smartapp, installed the new one, edited the Alarmserver.cfg with the new app id and oauth access code, restarted alarmserver, and all my zones were recreated).

Please let me know if bugs/problems/errors are encountered.

3 Likes

@rtorch I would recommend that we change the namespace in the groovy files to something more generic like “dsc-new” instead of “rtorchia”. I forked your repository and started making updates to some documentation and code. Feel free to merge but I opened my PRs to keep track and merge your changes into my fork.

I’m open to changing the namespace, but I’d recommend ‘dsc-evl’ to more appropriately reflect that both DSC security panel and an envisalink module is required.

I’ll look at updates you have provided. I also want to eventually re-write all the install instructions and make them appropriate for both linux based and Windows OS systems, as it seems beginners have a problem following the current instructions. I feel though this could be a bigger job than doing the coding! :laughing:

Hi @rtorch I just tried your update because i really want it to sync with the new sthm without having to do pistons, automations, virtual switches and all that fun stuff. After re-creating smartapp, device handlers and updating cfg file for alarmserver, my zones are not adding back into st and no home/away switches are created. It’s as if the smartapp isn’t connecting to alarmserver at all. Any ideas???

Having the same exact issue as Steven. I removed all of the LXXero/DSCAlarm code (device handlers, smartapp, etc.), deleted all my dsc devices/zones in ST, related automations and routines, etc. and started your install via github integration. Smartapp and handlers installed with no issues and I was able to successfully configure the Smartapp.Also, followed the instructions precisely (IP address, token info, etc.) and configured alarmserver.cfg, and got it up and running with no issues. Regardless, zones/devices have not been added back into ST and none of the stay/away panels are created. I’m stumped

I’m a little stumped too if all the IP/port are correct, along with the new token and app ids are correct.

When I tested it out on my home system it always worked. I would delete all of LXXero/DSCAlarm, install my repo and new oauth, setup the smartapp and adjust alarmserver.cfg with the new token and app ids, and restarted alarmserver. Always had no issues. So, yeah, I’m stumped.

Is alarmserver generating any errors in the log file?

Rtorch,

I can confirm all of the above was checked and rechecked. Oath, server/port in smartapp, tokens/app Ids, etc and there are no errors in alarmserver log file…

Had time at work yesterday so I did the reverse and removed your Smartapp/Handlers, deleted all zones etc. in ST and reinstalled LXXero/DSCAlarm. Followed the same exact procedure to configure LXXero’s version as I did yours (IP/Port, Oath, tokens/app ID, etc) andIt worked just fine so I can confirm the settings and setup process was done correctly…

Good to know it’s not just me…

i checked alarmserver logs and it isn’t reporting any errors and seems to be working as it should. I confirmed it is putting the correct appID and token information in the URL in the logs as well… That’s why i suggested maybe the problem is communication between alarmserver and the smartapp? Seems that’s what Chris had confirmed as well by stepping back to the LXXero version.

Okay, found the silly error I made in the uploaded version. Current version on github is same that I am running now… sorry about this everyone.

2 Likes

Working like a charm now! Thank you for all your efforts!

1 Like

Amazing! Thank you!!!

Maybe we should raise future issues on @rtorch GitHub. Might be easier to keep track of and refer to if other people have the same issue. This thread is really long…

Screenshots Please!!!

I just switched over to the new codebase and all seems to be working and going well. Thanks @rtorch !

I did notice one quirk with the extra automation needed to sync STHM and the panels and I also had this same issue with the older code so it’s not unique to the new code:

When I set up my 3 automation to sync the device status to STHM, one for Stay, one for away and one for disarm and all three are enabled, it doesn’t matter which method is used to arm, STHM sets to away mode - best I can tell it’s because both the away and stay panel devices are changing state to ‘on’ so both automations are triggering. Anyone else seeing or can help me with the issue?

75b0f3f6-a4ac-4c5a-99f9-19e9c15bef75 5:45:56 PM: debug sthmHandler: using panel: dscstay1 state: exitdelay
75b0f3f6-a4ac-4c5a-99f9-19e9c15bef75 5:45:56 PM: debug getChildDevices(false), children=15
75b0f3f6-a4ac-4c5a-99f9-19e9c15bef75 5:45:56 PM: debug sthmHandler: STHM changed state to: armedAway
2262db8e-fa82-488f-93d0-984c8d21e60c 5:45:56 PM: debug triggered armAway(true)
2262db8e-fa82-488f-93d0-984c8d21e60c 5:45:56 PM: debug triggered armAway(true)
2d9e0dd3-18c3-4935-8891-baab5b541d1b 5:45:56 PM: debug triggered armAway(true)
2d9e0dd3-18c3-4935-8891-baab5b541d1b 5:45:56 PM: debug triggered armAway(true)
75b0f3f6-a4ac-4c5a-99f9-19e9c15bef75 5:45:56 PM: debug sthmHandler: using panel: dscstay1 state: exitdelay
75b0f3f6-a4ac-4c5a-99f9-19e9c15bef75 5:45:56 PM: debug getChildDevices(false), children=15
75b0f3f6-a4ac-4c5a-99f9-19e9c15bef75 5:45:56 PM: debug sthmHandler: STHM changed state to: armedStay
2d9e0dd3-18c3-4935-8891-baab5b541d1b 5:45:56 PM: debug triggered armStay(true)
2262db8e-fa82-488f-93d0-984c8d21e60c 5:45:56 PM: debug triggered armStay(true)
2d9e0dd3-18c3-4935-8891-baab5b541d1b 5:45:56 PM: debug triggered armStay(true)
2262db8e-fa82-488f-93d0-984c8d21e60c 5:45:55 PM: debug Partition: exitdelay for partition: 1
75b0f3f6-a4ac-4c5a-99f9-19e9c15bef75 5:45:54 PM: debug partition: Away Panel device: DSC Away Panel at dscaway1 is led
75b0f3f6-a4ac-4c5a-99f9-19e9c15bef75 5:45:54 PM: debug partition: Stay Panel device: DSC Stay Panel at dscstay1 is led
1 Like