DSC Alarm Integration - and Alarms in General

@Allanak - Haaa I hear you on the “going to work for ADT” thing. I use 5500 Keypad - but still agree. I know all those ridiculous codes backwards and forwards now for all the times I have reprogrammed it.

It looks like after trying to get the IT-100 and arduino working for so long, I just finally caved in and got an EVL-4. I really hate having to run alarmserver in addition, but as you said it can run on a Pi or something I can just keep in the closet.

Looks like Im about to finally get this thing going tomorrow as well now.

I built a server running windows for my cameras awhile back so I’m using alarmserver on that as it runs 24/7. All of your sensors will b available to use for whatever you want. This is what my SHM looks like with all the dsc sensors.

Not sure who else has done it but I got alarmserver running on my Synology NAS pretty easily. Its working great.

1 Like

I have a Synology NAS too. Would you share what you did?

Thanks,

John

Make sure Python 2 is installed from Package center

Just created a new “share” copied all the files there for alarmserver.

Configured as per regular instructions and SSH to your NAS (Make sure that’s turned on in Control Panel and test it out.
Then set up a job in Synology scheduled tasks control panel to run it (once). (This really is not the best way to do this because you’ll have to search for the processes and kill it in order to stop it.

BUT: There is a linked post back up above to get it to run in a Docker container but I haven’t done that yet. This would be the best option. DSC/Vista Alarm Smartapp and devices based on AlarmServer

Alarmserver panel site is working fine but I still haven’t got the Smartthings integration going yet, because I keep running into OAUTH errors even though I have all the client and code info correct.Keeps failing with a 500 error for me.

2 Likes

use google chrome incognito tab, that fixed my issues for oauth 500.

1 Like

I wish someone could write the code for Visonic Powermax integration.

This is close to what I have, however, after I disable the alarm all my devices show open. When I look at “recently” i see that the “Contact is Closed” then I see “Contact is Off” resulting in an OPEN status. I can still arm the system but I am getting very inaccurate reports of the sensors. Would you have any clues?

Thanks.

@isriam Sorry for the bump but, unfortunately I havent been able to resolve the same error using an incognito window. Any other ideas?

Can you guide where can i find how to install Alarmserver on raspberry pi. I am not able to get it work.

I am trying to run alarmserver on a raspberry pi and it is not working. This is what I get:

Using configuration file alarmserver.cfg
2016-10-26 17:23:43 Alarm Server Starting
2016-10-26 17:23:43 Currently Supporting Envisalink 2DS/3 only
2016-10-26 17:23:43 Tested on a DSC-1616 + EVL-3
2016-10-26 17:23:43 and on a DSC-1832 + EVL-2DS
2016-10-26 17:23:43 and on a DSC-1864 v4.6 + EVL-3

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/pi/AlarmServer/application.py”, line 637, in
server = AlarmServer(config)
File “/home/pi/AlarmServer/application.py”, line 437, in init
self._envisalinkclient = EnvisalinkClient(config)
File “/home/pi/AlarmServer/application.py”, line 219, in init
self.do_connect()
File “/home/pi/AlarmServer/application.py”, line 230, in do_connect
self.connect((self._config.ENVISALINKHOST, self._config.ENVISALINKPORT))
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/asyncore.py”, line 347, in connect
err = self.socket.connect_ex(address)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py”, line 224, in meth
return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)
gaierror: [Errno -2] Name or service not known

The error message above says it can’t resolve the name of your envisalink device. Most likely you can resolve the short DNS name of the envisalink device. Try to ping it from your Pi and see if it resolves and answers.

1 Like

Sweet! Switched from host name to ip and I’m in business!

@bago and @jason3fc I’m wondering if you could offer a few hints on the synology portion of the installation…?

Can someone help me figure out what I’m doing wrong?

I’ve got all the id’s and info loaded up and the alarmserver files are all on my rPi.

The problem I’m having is that I can’t run the alarmserver.py file on my rPI3.

The error I get is:

Traceback (mostrecent call last):
File “alarmserverpy”, line 22, in
from envisalinkdefs import evl_RespnosTypes
File “/home/pi/alarmserver/envisalinkdefs.py”, line 90
912 : {‘name’ : ‘Command Output Pressed’, ‘description’ : 'This command
will tell the API to enter an access code. Onceentered,the 200 command
will be sent to perform the required action. The code should be entered within
the window tim

^
SyntaxError: EOL while scanning string literal

Then I get booted back to the command prompt in rPI.

Any help would be greatly apprieciated!

Chet