Dropcam with On/Off capability

At least you know it’s off. You can make drp am location aware, but if gets compromised, they can watch the stream and you wouldn’t even know it while you’re scratching your balls

Doesn’t losing the saved pictures at every off event make it unusable though?

I’m just looking for a dropcam tile that lets you click into it by hitting the main icon and not the tiny gear icon. How do I get that?

What did you change the device type to? And does your camera turn off when when anyone arrives and on when everyone leaves?

I changed the device type to the definition in the sample code: “Dropcam (Switch)”

it turns off when anyone is home and on when everyone leaves. This is accomplished with hello home actions. The device type has a capability of switch and therefore can be treated no different than turning lights on/off as an example.

Sorry, I’m still trying to figure out a few things on this. Could you provide me the steps of going in and changing this code? Appreciate the help.

Update - I figured it out. I was just misunderstanding the steps that I had to go through to create the Device Type. Thanks for posting the code above!

Amazing, thank you!
It took a while to find the right thread, but once I found this it took 2 minutes to get it working.

Just tested, and on/off works like a charm.

hi, could you help me? @lehons @fightingmajor I followed the thread above and set up a Dropcam device in IDE>My devices, then copied the code from @florianz (https://github.com/FlorianZ/SmartDevices/blob/master/Dropcam.groovy) to set up a new device type. Then changed the device dropcam to my newly created device type.

Now when I open up the thing it has both camera and switch time, but no on/off circle icon on the main list like all my other switches. If I try to add it to a “Goodbye” routine for example, it is not an option as a switch to turn on or off. What did I miss?

Sorry, it’s been a long time since I set it up, and I’m definitely not a developer. Probably barely understood what I was doing the first time.
All I can say that it works.

I’m sorry, I don’t use Dropcam with Smartthings anymore. But I didn’t like having the internal switch for using on/off. Maybe I don’t trust Google enough haha. I ended up using a smart outlet to truely power the camera on or off

I ended up using the code from @gorf above 10/14 as the device type instead of the other ones I found and it works as a switch now. Automatically turning on and off when I come and go.

I tried that one but how do I get it to recognize my changes? I made a new device and it shows in my things but it does not respond to changes. Don’t I need to have preferences to put user, password and serial number? Do you have an updated version that I can use, please? Sorry I am VERY new at this. Also, is there any more advanced features for accessing the Nest Cam? I assume the APIs are there as the WINK hub can use them.

Any chance you have/could modify this for Nest Cam? I was going to pick up another camera and Nest Cams are cheaper than Dropcam Pros now, but there doesn’t seem to be a viable device type to connect it with.

Has this code suddenly stopped working for anyone else?