Door Lock User Codes

I have a schlage door lock. What I want to do is to identify who unlocked the door by the incoming code. When I look at the event list, I see Unlocked by code 1 (or the name of code 1). I want to take that data and submit it via a notification. BUT I can’t seam to find how to parse that information out. I Don’t know where to find all the possible event properties like evt.displayName. I am sure it is there but I am new and I do not know where to look to find the event properties.

Thanks
Dave L

Are you using rboy app by any chance. ?

I am, this may work with other handlers. Not sure.

RBoy’s app does doe it. You can even be texted on your phone. That app has a lot of useful bells and whistles.

1 Like

@RBoy… Definitely the most value in a Lock Handler.

3 Likes

Another vote for @RBoy does everything you want and some that you didn’t even know you wanted.

2 Likes

I think I have it. I really want to figure this out so that is why I started with an easy one. However, I guess my main question is that you have an object (Schlage lock), how can you figure out all of the information that you can pull. How do you know you can use $evt.displayName or Description? Where do you find that information.

Thanks
Dave L

In short there is no standard answer. The values depend on the underlying device handler and they are constantly updated from time to time as new locks are introduced, standards change, new features are added, firmware bugs are fixed and so on.

This is an example of a DTH that has evolved over the years and is the most comprehensive DTH for locks and reporting events. [RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock, Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, DanaLock, August Pro, Samsung, Locstar, KeyWe Locks and Popp Z-Wave Keypad Device Handler with Alarm Control, Notification, RFID, Door Sensor and advanced features

And this is the flip side, an app that has evolved over the years to handle all those different types of events from various different handlers (from the stock to custom ones) and creating a meaning way for the user to program codes and react based on the events posted by the lock. [RELEASE] Door lock code/lock user management (create, delete and schedule codes) with automatic lock/unlock, custom user actions and SHM/ADT integration