So I am brand new to the community and am only 3 days in with my ST hub and trying to learn how to use it…please forgive any ignorance.
I am struggling to find a way to set timers and do simple math with stringify or IFTTT. For example, I would like to set a condition for my ecobee4 thermostat and remote sensor that has the following conditions:
- If the ambient temp outside is greater than 80
- If the calendar months are between April-October
- If the room temp (ecobee remote sensor) reads higher than 83
- Than run the AC until the (remote sensor) room temp is 80
- Else operate AC unit off of the average of the thermostat and maintain the set-point of 80
So I am sure that this is possible with custom Groovy apps and whatnot, but I was hoping to be able to chain all of these permissives and outputs into a simple IFTTT app that would take me 5 min to configure…perhaps I misunderstood the commitment to the community and need to adjust my expectations Please don’t nit-pick my example…I haven’t really thought about the proper way to accomplish my task…it was mainly for example of a complex IF/THAN/ELSE statement with some average and compare functions.
I guess my ultimate question is: “Is Stringify, IFTT, or any other web/app based option able to do something like this, or do I need to start reading Groovy tutorials?”