Does ST allow setting user codes for kwikset 914 lock?

i bought a wink hub and realized it doesnt allow me to set the user codes (combinations) for this deadbolt from the app. The kwikset manual says this is possible from “your chosen control hub”. I wondered if anyone could confirm that they can set user codes with their ST hub on the 914 before I replace this wink?

Search :mag: is your friend, buddy… luckily we’re friendly too…

6 Likes

And just in case that wasn’t clear:

The official SmartThings device type Handler for this device does not include the ability to set user codes from the app. It is limited to the following features:

Remotely lock/unlock your door and receive notifications of your lock’s activity

However, one of the big differences between wink and SmartThings (I have both) is that SmartThings also offers a developer platform which allows people to create their own smartapps and device type handlers. These often allow you to access advanced features on many devices. Such as setting user codes and schedules.

Many community members enjoy the challenge of writing custom code and make these available for others to use. Most of them are free; some developers charge a license fee.

Using custom code is fairly straightforward: basically you copy the author’s code and paste it into your own account. Here’s the FAQ for that:

If that sounds like something you’d be interested in, there are quick browse lists in the community – created wiki for smart apps and device type handlers in many different categories, including locks. :sunglasses:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Quick_Browse_the_Community-Created_SmartApps_Forum_Section

2 Likes