Does anyone care that polling is broken and scheduled events are unreliable?

I have five zxt-120 IR sending thermostats in my home and they all fail to get polled. I also have two Aeon Power Monitors with the same issue.

I contacted support months back and they said they knew polling was not working all the time but had no resolution.

One way to solve this is to add a scheduled event to your device. This is actually what the pollster smart app does and then calls your devices poll command. The problem with this is that this too is broken in Smart Things. It is a known issue that timed events sometimes get missed and once they are missed the next event is never scheduled. So unless you open the device and re-configure your schedule it stops working.

So I have used both pollster and scheduled events for my devices. That works but randomly stops working. So I can’t rely on polling.

But here is the part that I don’t understand. Why doesn’t every one scream about this issue ? What good are z-wave sensors that fail to report because polling is not working ?

Some newer devices like my Fibaro Motion Sensor which has temperature and other sensors actually post their data so there is no need for polling and they work well. But my older model Aeon Power Monitor and my zxt-120 devices all need polling and are therefor useless with ST if you care about reliability.

So my bottom line question is doesn’t anyone else care that polling is broken and scheduled events are unreliable ?

The fish is dead. Lots of people care. But the ones that work at SmartThings are probably busy working on Hub 2.0

@April can you merge these treads. Scheduler and Polling quits after some minutes, hours, or days

2 Likes

I moved a post to an existing topic: Scheduler quits after some minutes, hours, or days

This topic is now unlisted. It will no longer be displayed in any topic lists. The only way to access this topic is via direct link.