Documentation Updates - 11/19/15

We’ve updated our documentation for Web Services SmartApps and Service Manager SmartApps, related to the improvements to the OAuth flow.

Notable changes:

• Updated the OAuth section of the Service Manager docs.
  • Added a new page on the Authorization flow for Web Services SmartApps.
  • Added a new page on the Web Services SmartApp, including information about working with the request, response, and errors.
  • Updated the example source code for a Web Services SmartApp and Sinatra App referenced by the tutorial.
  • Documented three new capabilities (hat tip to @yaimavaldivia!): Consumable, Sound Sensor, and Timed Session.

What we’re currently working on:

• Additional documentation around Web Services Preferences and the Authorization Page.
  • Documenting the improvements to the ZigBee helper object.
  • Documenting additional Capabilities as they are rolled into production and through testing.
  • Watching @unixbeast’s amazing Beard Transformation. What started out as a lush, full beard is being artfully transformed week-by-week. Here’s this week’s beauty - excited to see what next week brings! (@slagle take note, this is how you transition from bearded to clean-shaven)

3 Likes

Is it correct that something changed with the parameters to get the access token? The doc currently show the following parameters:

grant_type	This is always “code” for this flow.
authorization_code	The code you received.
client_id	The client ID for the SmartApp
client_secret	The client secret for the SmartApp
redirect_uri	The URI of the server that will receive the token. This must match the URI you used to obtain the authorization code.

What it used to be and what seems to work is:

grant_type	This is always “authorization_code” for this flow.
code		The code you received.
client_id	The client ID for the SmartApp
client_secret	The client secret for the SmartApp
redirect_uri	The URI of the server that will receive the token. This must match the URI you used to obtain the authorization code.
4 Likes

I think you’re right, thanks for catching that.

2 Likes

Any news on Preferences and the Authorization Page documentation?

I don’t see this being done this week. But I may be able to answer any specific questions, or at least take them into account in our research/documentation, so let us know.

Could you please check my question at this thread?

I have done several tests and none of them fixed my problem as you can check in this specific thread…

1 Like
1 Like