DISCUSS Deals/Sales/Coupons/Pricing HERE (post deals in the other thread)

Amcrest camera onsale at Groupon for $78.99 and $10 off if you use WELCOME code during checkout.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-amcrest-hd-wifi-video-monitoring-security-camera

Lowes in LA. Been at this price awhile, not sure if this is everywhere.

2 Likes

Not a bad price. There sales price at my local stores in NC are still at $185. Down about $40 IIRC.

Which store in L.A. is this at? :slight_smile:

Thats the Lowes in Torrance (on Western Ave)

1 Like

Interesting. It shows up with a different (higher) price online for that store. Thanks anywayz.

Thats common. Its still that same sale price, I was there again today. Most of the clearance stuff for a lot of stores isnt listed unless its a big lot of them then the discount sucks anyway. The other local lowes out here is fantastic. Its right next to a HD but its empty all the time. Its not at all uncommon for you to be one of two people in the store. Here are a few pics I had handy of crap I grabbed recently. Forgot to include the sticker on the transolid but it was $497 and they were tossing it for $19. Crazy.

2 Likes

Nice! I don’t frequent Lowes that much, but do they put them in a Clearance section like Home Depot does with big Clearance signs on top? or do you have to go look in their regular designated shelves and just look for the yellow tags?

No dedicated clearance section at my Lowes. Hunt and forage.

Same here there is no clearance shelf in any of the Lowes.

Around me there are clearance shelves at most Lowes and HD. It’s typically an endcap or a table/cart in the big middle aisle halfway back through the store. Ask an employee in lighting/electrical if they have a clearance area.

Same here. Locally my HDs have a dedicated clearance section. My Lowe’s doesn’t except for electrical stuff. Recently managed to get some deeply discounted gfci outlets, some presence sensor light switches, and a roll of 14/2 Romex that looked to have been returned. Also got a Honeywell remote fan switch with the wall mount section and handheld remote for $14.99. Didn’t know how good a deal that was until now that I want a second one, I can’t find one for less than $40 on both eBay or Amazon.

1 Like

Use code CES15 on your next MySmartBlinds.com order for 15% off. Limited time only.

These blinds appear to be Bluetooth only. Is there a way to integrate them with SmartThings?

I’m looking for a coupon or a good deal on this device: A quality smart wireless recessed door sensor with motion, lux, and battery status, that does not itself light up in any way. Recommendations as to brands, are also welcome. Thanks in advance!

I want a Rainbow Unicorn that drops bricks of gold.
I have never seen nor heard of a recessed contact sensor that detects lux, motion or has any lights.

1 Like

How could a contact sensor that’s recessed into a doorframe detect motion and lux?

3 Likes

Ha ha that was so funny about the unicorn! Yea, I want one too! OK, here’s what happened:
Last night I was searching this fine community for “recessed door sensor” and landed here:

There’s where I saw people writing about a “red light”, meaning, the sensor stays hidden but a red light flashes (so it’s not all that hidden, which is why I’m seeking a recessed door sensor that doesn’t light itself up).
Here’s a quote from that webpage: “Completely hidden other than the red light.”

I kept surfing and landed here:
https://community.smartthings.com/t/release-aeon-multisensor-6-advanced/

Then I kept surfing and landed here:
https://community.smartthings.com/t/best-lux-sensor/
That’s where I found out about “lux”. I was really too sleepy and I made the wrong assumption that Aeon recessed door sensors measured lux. Sorry - I’m a newbie.

It appears Aeon does make a door sensor that measures lux, but not a recessed one of course.

So I guess recessed door sensors can only report that the door has been opened or closed, and the battery status. Please correct me if I’m wrong. Does anyone know of a brand that doesn’t light itself up? (And tips on coupons/good deals on recessed door sensors are welcome of course.)

1 Like

I still think the best option is the unicorn.

If that’s too expensive, monoprice sells a recessed door sensor that is not all Las Vegasy, AFAIK.

it also goes on sale fairly often.

The light is in the sensor, so will only be a flash to indicate a trigger and only visible when the door is physically opened. You are not going to have a flashing red light on your door.