DISCUSS Deals/Sales/Coupons/Pricing HERE (post deals in the other thread)

If I had the capability to clean up the thread I would, but afaik the only ones that can move/merge topics are ST staff, We all have the capability to “Police the forums” by flagging unrelated topics for ST staff to review (you should suggest a suitable home for them) I have done this a few times, and someone usually takes care of it pretty quickly. Or you can flag it and talk to the person, maybe they will agree and delete/move their own post, Again a Kind suggestion of where it should go wouldn’t hurt.

1 Like

So this thread is for discussions right?

Anyway, I see people picking up the Oris garage door controller for $40 but it’s $80 here locally and if I choose parcel shipping from an out state store it just forces me back to the local pricing…

[quote=“urbantux, post:8, topic:42517, full:true”]
So this thread is for discussions right? [/quote]

lol yep :slight_smile:

On the Iris GDO, ya, I think different people have been experiencing different things. No idea if it’s based on geographic region of the store, or of the ISP, or something to do with the browser you’re using, or what. Seems like some get shipping, and some don’t, for whatever reason.

Ha, iris dumb phone… I went on the computer and was able to pick up two of the zwave garage door controllers at $39 each, that’s $40 less than my local store. It only worked on the comp though, the mobile site kept reverting to my local price…

1 Like

I think the old “Current device deals & best prices” should be locked and a fresh new pair (Deals-only, Discussion) created.

I totally agree.

Many of us (I say ‘us’ because I know I’m one of them) have posted in the deals thread things that aren’t relevant specifically to deals. Having this new thread won’t solve it completely. It’s just one small piece of attempting to get something else happening.

Since a lot of people rely on that thread for deal alerts, they get really annoyed when a post pops up and they take the time to go there and find about 20-30 new posts about all of what you just mentioned, and often, no deals…just chatter.

The posts about shipping, out of stock, canceled orders are indeed important. I totally agree, but it doesn’t seem like there is any real good reason why they can’t happen over here instead.

Also, in light of the fact that there are so many different kinds of ways that things can work with somebody’s HA system, I still think even posts about things that aren’t directly compatible are even a good thing.

It’s the posts about very, very minor ‘deals’ (like, a % off that I have gotten just because the clerk is in a good mood or whatever) and the ‘not-really-a-deal’ referral links that bug me.

Still, if it’s a deal, it’s a deal. Go ahead and post it, but for those doing so, please try to make up for it by shifting your discussion about it over to this thread. :slight_smile:

As long as it’s all in fun and done with a helpful, friendly attitude and nobody is bashing anybody about it, we can (gently) ‘police’ it ourselves. It’s still going to happen, but perhaps we can minimize it for the sake of respecting the members that really do rely on that thread just for deal announcements.

That’s what the “old thread” was supposed to be :smiling_imp: . I think the better option would just to be start a new thread every month or so. That way there won’t be 1k posts to weed through.
We will never stop discussion unless the thread is 100% moderated , in which case some deals with limited supply would probably be gone before it was even gets posted.

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

the link is not working

Please don’t forget to mention that contains your referral ID hidden behind the bit.ly link. How much do you get?

The direct link to ebates for Lowes: Sign Up to Earn Cash Back | Rakuten.com

2 Likes

If you are going to post a referral link that benefits you, don’t be sneaky and hide it, which is the only reason for you to use bit.ly (or the goo.gl one you tried first). Be honest that you are trying to make money off of us following your directions.

2 Likes

It is $25 for the referrer…

2 Likes

I’m guessing this is the duplex outlet but and this is the outdoor control - am I correct?
Were these clearance? What zip is the store in?

Thanks!

Then post the referral link and not something that hides it.

4 Likes

Thanks for posting. Seems like a ‘good enough’ price on these (i.e. not as good as those crazy $9 deal some people have been getting over the past so many months, but since those kinds of deals are as rare as unicorns in my neck of the woods, this is indeed a good deal if they are what yer lookin for).

Sorry to always forget, but for anybody that has any of these, or just knows…do these ones need neutral?

Yes, they require a neutral.

be careful buying open packages, people have been scammed by purple putting cheap dumb switches in the packs.

1 Like

Oh ya, thanks for the reminder. I do recall people talking about that happening too. So, I suppose it might be a good idea to stick with local, in-person purchases when it comes to some of these types of deals, eh?

I’d be really careful on your one. No returns allowed, open box, known returns… Personally, if piss on it, unless they sent Mr s time/date tagged photo of the back of each one marked separately with a sharper and including a printout of an email from me.

But I’m paranoid also.

I can totally relate :slight_smile:

I recall somebody suggesting using PayPal for that kind of thing, because there’s some kind of protection. Has anybody here had experience with that?

1 Like

I’ll let you know how it goes!