[DISCONTINUED] Blink Camera Device Handler/SmartApp

@krlaframboise Installed the new release… works well
thanks for all the hard work

I finally figured out how to change all the settings through Blink’s API so I’ll probably be releasing another version this weekend that allows you to change things like audio, motion sensitivity, clip length and the light settings.

I’ve also figured out how to use Live View through their API, but I’m still trying to figure out how to steam an external rstp feed that requires an auth_token in the header so I don’t have it working yet… Rboy supposedly has live view working in his DTH, so it must be possible.

4 Likes

I can get the dashboard to show an updated set of info. However I am unable to see it in the decide in st. If I refresh I see the correct info flash for a second.

I’m not sure what you mean.

Sorry. I can not see it in the device view in the st app.

Can you post a screenshot?

None of the tiles are clickable. However pull to refresh will flash the correct settings then display this.

Any thoughts?

Can you post a screenshot of what it looks like when it’s not working?

That is not working. No tiles click or reflect the correct state. Pull to refresh flashes the correct state the back to that screen.

Device handlers don’t have a “pull to refresh” feature so that must be an iPhone thing, but it’s not going to refresh the actual device.

That screenshot shows that the camera is enabled and the system is disarmed. Are you saying that when you took that screenshot, the system was actually armed?

Only a few of those tiles perform actions, but when you click them, is anything shown in live logging? If you don’t see anything, make sure that the device’s logging preference is enabled.

In that shot the system is armed.

When you press the “refresh” tile, does the status “Ready” change and what is shown in Live Logging.

Yes it does. The disarm tile flashes red

What is shown in Live Logging?

8:01:23 PM: debug getChildDevices(false), children=3

I remove some of the gibberish parts
fb81ce3e-b 8:02:51 PM: trace Deferred action finished, pending actions: []
fb81ce3e-b 8:02:51 PM: trace Deferred action called, pending actions: []
fb81ce3 8:02:51 PM: trace Heartbeat called, checking for pending deferred actions
fb 8:01:53 PM: trace Deferred action finished, pending actions: []
8:01:53 PM: trace Deferred action 8:01:53 PM: trace Heartbeat called, checking for pending deferred actions

Did you enable the “enable debug logging?” option in the device settings because none of those are from the device?

If it was disabled, enable it and try again, but before you copy the contents of the live logging window, click the name of your device so that it’s only displaying the events from that device.

Well going to look back at it now I am don’t see any logs from the camera…Only the smart app…

Did you enable the “enable debug logging?” option in the device settings?

I did. Uninstalled and reinstalled.