Discontinuation of MyQ Connect Community SmartApp

Why? What do you know about the situation that SmartThings hasn’t satisfactorily excused?

Promised integration. Failure to produce. Failure to communicate until it’s too late. Failure to explain what efforts have been expended.

2 Likes

Yep still working for me including triggers. Sowhen it does stop I’ll be even more disappointed…

This one, there is no way to tell. My guess/hope is that they told us as soon as chamberlain told them.

The rest I agree with.

1 Like

We communicated within a few hours of finding out they were going to start blocking connections from our servers. I posted back in March that this was an unsupported integration and could break at any time.

2 Likes

With all due respect I think the lack of communication being talked about is regarding the official integration that was announced

1 Like

What wasn’t communicated was that the promised integration either 1) wasn’t being worked on or 2) ran into road blocks and what those road blocks were.

The 11th hour communications simply said, hey this stuff is going to break and MYq is a big meanie. But we never mentioned that before, perhaps because we didn’t know because perhaps we didn’t put any effort behind our promises.

:fearful:

1 Like

We don’t know whether Chamberlain kept ST in the dark or not. Just sayin.

1 Like

Sincerely, I am sympathetic to the situation. This integration just disappearing is the last thing we wanted. I understand the feeling that this is a promise we have broken, but we have been actively negotiating with Chamberlain to get some form of integration going since last year’s CES. Getting this integration will require that we make changes to the platform that will have serious restrictions.

This post is from May 2015.

2 Likes

We do know that ST never said to their clientele there were issues with their promised integration attempt until 11th hour.

Did you read the post above yours?

Granted it was burried in a thread and i didn’t remember reading it either

2 Likes

Yes, and 1 year later, the announcement is everything is being shut down and details about why and why the official integration will be though.

No where along the way, at least that I am aware of, was there something saying…

Hey, we’re working with MyQ and here is where we are at. We either have to abandon the integration due to their restrictions which we cannot accept or we will use a severely restricted DH that only shows status to the ST cloud and no control events can be sent to the MyQ clould via ST. Here is the best way to engage MyQ is you have concerns.

Just a hey, stuff has melted down. sorry.Stuff you bought based on our representations is broken.

How do you know that they were aware of issues that couldn’t be overcome? Just curious, because you should have told us if you knew that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it’s a reasonable conclusion that they didn’t work on the integration or there are things they couldn’t overcome. If not, where is said integration?

I don’t know they didn’t work on it, and I don’t know that they were aware of issues they couldn’t overcome. I have no evidence of that. A reasonable conclusion isn’t even a preponderance of evidence, it isn’t even evidence at all. This could go either way. One thing I’m positive of, if they were working on an integration (which would be silly to invest lots of time in before Chamberlain gave them the go ahead), they couldn’t have delivered at any time without a sign-off, before or after Chamberlain let them know.

1 Like

Okie. Not a court of law here. Again, I think it’s a reasonable conclusion. You don’t seem to dispute that.

So, I guess we agree!

1 Like

If you really listen to what ST has said in the past, you’ll know the official integration won’t have the functionality that most of you would expect, which is automatic garage closing/opening. Look at Wink’s FAQ Wink | Help | Chamberlain MyQ , they can’t use robot to control the garage door.

What MyQ’s definition of smart garage door is really just for the door to report if they are open or closed. They want you to operate the door manually for various safety reasons. If everyone is really waiting for this, you can already do this by buying a tilt sensor.

3 Likes

My MyQ app allows me to open and close the door from around the world.I guess MyQ just doesn’t want this to be part of automations, etc…

1 Like

It’s competition plain and simple. Chamberlain wants control of your door, and wants everyone else to have less. They think if you are forced to use their crappy app, you will want to buy some of their lights. No.

I struggle supporting companies that think like this, anyone want to buy my opener?

1 Like

We can virtualize android, run these VMs in the cloud, use tools to automate a simulated screen tap, tie those taps to virtual switches in ST and then we’d really have MYq by the short and curlies. Unlike some of the other detectable evasions!

eh not worth it.