Disable vertical whitespace on the SmartThings Connect home screen?

I just moved over from the SmartThings classic client. I am wondering if there is any way to disable the white space on the home screen that consumes over half my screen real estate?

Additionally, every time I open the app it prompts me to enable bluetooth, which I have no interest in doing. I see folks have complained about that before. Is there any plan to fix this?

thanks!

1 Like

Nope

It’s part of the Samsung UI design language they’re following what the parent company wants.

That said - if you don’t like it - PLEASE submit an official feature request: Send email to support@samsung.com

While we talk about the things we don’t like about the app here and DO have the ears of some select members of ST staff, things like this will NEVER make it into consideration for the development team unless they come in through official channels. The more they hear the request == the more urgent the business case for the change.

1 Like

I’d say there is a 0% chance that empty space goes away. Look at Samsung’s other One UI apps https://www.samsung.com/us/apps/one-ui/

1 Like

Wow, i did not realize this was part of a larger corporate design strategy. Ridiculous.

Even with that constraint SmartThings seems to have a particularly poor implementation of it. All the other examples I see on Samsung’s site at least put some additional information or buttons up there with the title. SmartThings could have some “favorites” up there if they wanted to, which would make it much better IMO.

1 Like

done, thanks!

This is my request to Samsung:

I really think the interface in the new SmartThings app needs a lot of work.

1. It wastes a lot of space – you can only see a few devices on a screen and you have to scroll a lot
  2. Making the tiles smaller or having optional layouts (wider and shorter) would be nice
  3. The Classic app let you select different icons for each device – that was a nice feature
  4. Custom backgrounds for rooms would also be nice
  5. Scrolling pages left and right would also be great
  6. Letting you minimize a room would also reduce the amount of scrolling

I know the functional operation is most critical but I hope the interface can allow more customization in the future.

1 Like

Interesting… this is what my home screen looks like when I swipe on my location name.

Do you have STHM set up?