Disable push notifications?

I have been using Smartthings for few years now. I had enabled the Security app so that it would automatically set the “Armed (stay)” mode every night and would send text messages if there was motion detected on few of the motion sensors.

Recently, I migrated to Samsung account and also the old application (Classic) stopped working so I got the latest version of Smartthings app. I have not configured “Security” yet in the new app but I keep getting the notification regarding some “intrusion” and I’m assuming it’s from the old app setup. I can no longer login to the classic version so I don’t know I can disable these text messages.

With the Classic app, click new user when you login and select Samsung. Or if you are able to login but just can not see your devices…switch Home Locations in the app. There are probably two after you migrate your account.

In Classic App, when I click on “New to Smarrthings”, it does not do anything (just stays there). If I click “I’m a Smartthings User”, then it takes me to the Welcome screen where it asks and accepts my email id but then when I click on continue button, it does not do anything.

So I cannot login in Classic app.

I tried the web-interface (https://graph.api.smartthings.com/) and there I do see two locations under My Locations but I cannot delete the old location (the website shows some error with a message: Oh No! Something Went Wrong!)

You may want to login to IDE with an incognito/private tab in your browser.

In order to delete a Home Location that has nothing in it:

• Login to IDE at https://account.smartthings.com
  • Goto Locations
  • If you have multiple Locations, select the invalid one
  • Make sure there is no Hub associated to it
  • Scroll to the right and click Edit
  • If the Default Location shows “true” (will be read only)
  • If it is “true”, go back to Locations and select your primary (Real) location and set the default location to “true”
  • Now you can edit/delete the additional Home location as it will automatically be set to “false”.

If that fails to resolve the issue, contact ST support and they can do it https://support.smartthings.com

@jkp - Thank you so much. I was able to delete the old location after changing the Default Location as you suggested. Now I’ll wait to confirm that I no longer receive text notifications

Are you able to login to the classic app? Because you will need to dismiss the alert in SHM in that app

1 Like

I couldn’t login in the classic app on my current phone (where I have installed the new version of Smartthings app too). I found an old phone and was able to login in classic app there and have disabled notifications from there. Hope finally - I’ll get rid of the text messages.

It worked after I was able to login in classic version from an old phone.

Speaking of classic version, I could see event history for a particular device but I cannot figure out how to do it with the new version. All I see is a consolidated event history for all the devices. Is it possible to see event history for just one device?