[OBSOLETE] DirecThings - Control your DirecTV receiver

Thanks @JoeBee, been using this for a month. The recent updated fixed the issue of the app not knowing if I had manually turned on or off the DTV box. However, I just tried to add a thermostat to control the channel and I haven’t had any luck. On and off commands work great but I am not sure how I am supposed to integrate my virtual thermostat.

I’m sure I am missing something simple on how to point one to the other.

Thanks!

I would like to also figure out how to use a simulated thermostat to change channel. I see no setting to do this

I also would like to set up a simulated thermostat to change the channel. My simulated switch works well to turn Directv on/off, but how do I configure my simulated thermostat to the same ip of my STB? Thanks!

I have 2 DirecTV receivers (non-Genie). I added the DirecThings SmartApp twice, each with its own IP. For some reason, the virtual switches or smartapps start fighting each other when I turn either of them ON or OFF. Using 1 instance of the SmartApp and virtual switch works fine for one receiver for ON and OFF functions. I am new to ST so excuse this if it is a basic question. Why would these instances conflict with each other?

I have/had the same problem. Right now it really only works with one instance. In the event handler it does not check which receiver that is receiving data from, so more than one messes up. Maybe DirecTV changed the way it handles it networking as everything comes from my Genie. The MAC address should be inspected in the handler code, but I hadn’t had the time/skills to figure out how to do that.
In my example, it would turn off/on the TV multiple times per day.

So the new Wireless Genie system does not seem to work with this… The Main Genie will turn off and on but the others do not work… When messing with it and turing it off with the vitrual Switch the clients make a… Bump… sound… so the app is reaching the wireless clients… but for some reason its not letting them turn it off and on… Please help!

JoeBee, did you ever complete the device type? I am a newbie using Alexa & smartthings–got on/off to work but cannot get channels to work with virtual dimmer. Trying thermostat now.

I’m new to this. Where do I edit to add my ip address, port# and MAC address? With or withour quotes? Any other areas I need to edit? I used a github code for an Alexa skill for DirecTV but it won’t turn-on, turn-off the mini geni, so I want to try ythis one.
Is it title : "IP Address"
chg to title : “192.168.1.35” Do I use my external IP address and port forward the IP or internal IP?

Has anyone tried this device handler instead of using “directhings” smart app?

MoSoft/SmartThings/DirecTV/advanced-device-handler.groovy

OK, I get it now. This is not like Alexa Skill, you add IP, Port and MAC adress when you add the app to your mobile app.

HOWEVER. it did not work for me. The only switch option I had was for TV, a Sumsung TV that is a smartthing. No option for DirecTV receiver. Should I also be able to control this via Alexa? What would the command be to Alexa?

Thank you!

****Update
Working now!

—————————————————

I have a start,

I have DirecThings under My Apps on SmartThings App.

I set up a simulated switch.

when I click on the swtich nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

I would like to know how to send an “On” command and “Channel Change” at 07:00am. Any help would be appreciated.