Dimming Slowly... every 5 minutes

Yes this does work. I deleted everything and re-setup and it is working. Thank you

1 Like

Could I use this to dim over several hours for an aquarium? Also, could it be tweaked to run in reverse to ramp up the lights?

The answer to the first question is, yes. Just input the time in minutes, say 300 for 5 hours, and you’re good. I don’t think it will run in reverse the way it is, but I could do that in a minute or two if you actually want it. :grinning:

Here is the app to do the slow raise, parallel to the first one above:

You just install both of them if you want both slow dim and slow raise.

Thank you. I appreciate all the help you offer the ST community. If you have a donation site, let me know. You have just increased my enjoyment of ST 10 fold.

I’m glad this helps you! BTW, I updated the first one above, fixing the rounding errors it had. So, you may want to grab that one again.

Hi @bravenel,

I have a button controller that handles hold states by issuing a command when the button hold starts, and when it is released.

I am trying to make a smartapp that can handle dimming up or down, continuously (say every x seconds) starting when the button hold starts and ending when the button hold ends.

Do you think it would be possible to use this code as a start for this?

Hi Bruce, i was wondering if there is a chance that you could modify your app a bit so its possible to lets say increment the brightness with xx% for every push on a button and same way dimm? I’d love to do it myself, but i havent had time to get my head around the programming yet.

I’ve got my self one of those Xiaomi Magic Cubes and would like to control brightnes of some of my lights by rotating it left or right (basically temporary push buttons)

thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi Bruce,

I am stuck on how to trigger the smartapp at a particular time.

• was able to create the smartapp, and configure with the dimmer
  • was able to create the momentary button and link with the smartapp

However, in setting up the routine I could not find how to link it to the smartapp or the momentary button.

Any help appreciated.