Dimmer switch not turning off completely with off() command

(Cassidy) #1

I’ve got three Enerwave ZW500D Z-wave switches installed at my place, one of them being a 3-way switch with an additional aux switch. The one switch that is the 3-way does not turn off completely when receiving the off() command, it only dims the light to 20% brightness instead of turning it off altogether. Although it does work to send setLevel(0) to turn it off completely. Has anyone ever experienced anything similar to a dimmer thinking “off” is not equivalent to setLevel(0)?

I’d also like to mention that the other two Enerwave ZW500D Z-wave switches that are wired as single pole switches work exactly as intended, the off() command shuts them off entirely.

(Duncan) #2

That is weird. So if you hit refresh after turning it off, does it show up as on and 20% or off and 20%?

I’m also wondering what would happen if you sent the off command again, like twice in a row, but I guess that might not be possible with the device tile as it is.

(Cassidy) #3

@duncan Yeah, it’s really strange, I’ve never had any of my other dimmers act this way. If I hit Refresh after turning it off using the tile, it shows up as off and 20%.