Recently, I start thinking about home automation stack in my potential new apartment. So I pick an OpenHub and Mycroft as high-level tools for my project.
Then I face unpleasant issue, namely: there is no dimmer that satisfies me. The main problems is unreasonable prices(even on aliexpress, insane!! ), closed source, hence no tweaking possibility, limited functionality.
So I thought about an open-source module for geeks, to control electricity in their homes. Here is rough description:
- High reliability
- Low price (Let’s say $20-30)
- Easy programming, and setting up
- 3 dimming modes (PWM, phase, and cycle skipping)
- Possibility to switch on / off with mechanical switches, like in ordinary home.
- Current and power measurement
- Over current and over temperature protection
- OpenHub compatibility
The few questions I have:
Wouldn’t it be double work creating such module, maybe there is something similar on github, I just not found it?
Will you be interested in such module?