DFW SmartThingers Survey

I need the weekend before or after, I have a wedding to attend on the 28th. If we want to drift north east metroplex, I might have something in Carrollton we could use.

I was reading somewhere that the NRH library has a community room that can be reserved that could be an option.

Can you reserve it? I checked in my office and I may be able to reserve too, waiting for a confirmation. Even Carrolton is centrally located as well. Will they have a projector + How long can we reserve the room for?

Since @caesarsghost is not available on 28th, should we do it on March 14th or 15th? March 15th works the best for meā€¦ Or may be on March 21 or 22nd?

Is the plan off? I dont see anyone interested anymoreā€¦

What about meeting here:

@joshua_lyon @ashutosh1982 @kaleb @allison

It looks cool and I had never heard of it before. Would at least one person need to pay the membership fee or how does it work?

The cost of membership is $50/month or $540/year (10% discount).

I talked to them and yes, just one of us would have to be a member. I am going to join it whether we have the meeting there or not.

Maybe @mager can provide some swag.

1 Like

Our weekly Open House is the best time for you to meet other Makers and get a tour of the Makerspace. The event is open to the public and starts at 7:00pm every Thursday.

Did this ever materialize? Anyone interested in meeting next weekend? or the weekend after, in DFW?

I am going to be in Austin this weekend. We still donā€™t have a definitive place to meet. I have not had the chance to check out the maker space. Maybe @Kaleb can get something together since he is already a member?

@jodyalbritton I am going to be in Austin on Friday as well. Are you attending the SXSW INTERNET OF THINGS MEETUP? If you are, then hope to meet you there.

1 Like

Yes. Iā€™m new to all this and want to learn more!

I apologize for falling off the earth. Did anything ever come of this?

Not that i am aware of

I would like to get something together. @mager do you know of any events coming up in Dallas or would you be interested in sponsoring something?

Big Android BBQ is the best one: http://www.bigandroidbbq.com/

Really wanna attend.

1 Like

That might be good. I can go to that. We tried to get something going a while back but there were some who had reservations about doing a private meet up.

Hey everyone, I am one of the organizers of the Big Android BBQ, and a big fan of SmartThings. I saw this post and thought I would help out by providing a discount code to the group. Itā€™s good for 20% off https://babbq15.eventbrite.com/?discount=DFWSmartThings or if you go to our regular eventbrite page use code ā€œDFWSmartThingsā€

Hope to see some of you there, weā€™re adding an IOT zone this year and are trying to fill it with some cool smart home stuff. The first round of speakers should be announced in the next few days.

3 Likes

Oh man! I totally want to go to the Big AndroidBBQ! Iā€™ve heard really great things about it! Have fun!