Devices we don't have

A working Hub V3 aka 2018 versus v2.

Signed,
Old timers.

Not sure if this is what was being referred to, but this is a GE z-wave fan control in-wall switch.

It only controls fan speed, apparently.

Not sure why we’re getting into four-year-old conversations again, but there is a current FAQ about options for fan control for anyone who’s interested ( this is a clickable link)

3 Likes

FYI Homeseer is clearing out their supply of the GE Fan controllers as of Oct.4th. $10 off or thereabouts.

You should post that in the deals section of the forum, I’m sure a lot of people would be interested. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

You mentioned the Lowe’s Irrigation controller; it wasn’t a “Lowe’s”, product, it was a re-branded z-wave device you could add to your network. Similar to the z-wave door lock I put on the front of my home. I had no problem moving my door controller to SmartThings. I wouldn’t have expected any problem in moving the irrigation conroller. (I am still thinking about installing one, but my wife is asking why? We don’t hardly use the irrigation controllers any more, anyway.)

I have the brand new Ring Door View cam (doorbell)
 I use Classic app & the only options I see are Doorbell & Doorbell pro
 I tried both of the only options & get:

Any ideas? The live view works great on Ring app. So I know it’s set up. Hmmm

Unfortunately, that model is not on the official compatibility list yet.

(I know I’ve said this before, but that’s because you’ve posted multiple duplicate posts throughout the forum.)

First rule of home automation: “the model number matters.“

Since this is a very new model, hopefully more integration will be added in the future.

2 Likes

Abus Wireless door lock actuator Z-Wave HomeTec Pro CFA3010?

It’s a certified zwave lock, it should work with SmartThings unless there’s some S2 issue.

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/3230

@rboy is an expert on locks and might know more. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah it’ll work with this Enhanced Z-Wave Lock DTH (custom config params is on the BETA version, if you have access to RBoy Apps send our support desk an email to get the BETA version link), you’ll have to put the device into S0 pairing mode (it’s disabled by default).

1 Like

I’m looking for a device that will install in a bathroom fan mounting box so I can control the fan separately from the light switch. Currently there is only one wire leaving the switch box and I don’t want to run a new wire to the fan. I’d like something that includes timer control.

Zooz has a zwave switch intended for exactly this purpose, but I don’t know if it matches your wiring. Why don’t you get in touch with their support and see if it would work for you:

Thanks for your thoughts. The problem is that I now have one switch that sends a switched power line to the light. It then goes to the fan. I want to control the fan separately from the light, on a timer. So i need a wireless module that I will install in the fan box that turns the fan on and off. That module needs to be controlled by a switch not connected to the fan module with a wire, but RF or something.

The problem comes from the fact that some people think a single switch for the bathroom light and fan is ok. So they wire them from one switch. I think the fan should be controlled separately from the light. For example, I might want to turn the light off and have a timer leaving the fan on for 10 minutes. But there’s no wire to carry that signal, so I need a power on-off module at the fan that is controlled by a switch wirelessly.

Any ideas?

Dick F

1 Like

I see.

There may be a way to do it, but that discussion would not belong in this thread.

Why don’t you start a new topic in Projects called “best way to control Bathroom fan separately from the light?“ and I’m sure lots of community members will be glad to brainstorm with you. :sunglasses:

https://community.smartthings.com/c/Wiki/projects-stories/10

Although there are other devices controlling garage doors, I haven’t found any for as little as the $30 for eWiseHome’s opener/sensor combo. I would love to have it integrate with ST.
Lee

You should contact the manufacturer of the product as they would manage/control any of the new integrations with ST.

1 Like

@coolcatiger A company called Konnected has created a new api cloud to cloud integration that doesn’t require a hub where you can wire your hardwired security system into a device. This will make it smart. It can also be ran on an esp8266. So this doesn’t need to be on the list.

Check the dates: the post you are replying to is from 2014 (over six years ago). There was no Konnected then. :wink:

@JDRoberts Oh sorry! Didn’t see that the thread had been going on for so long!

1 Like