Devices turned on after hub becomes active after being inactive

(Sam) #1

This morning during an 8-minute period my hub went from inactive to active twice. After the second ‘active’ 3 of my devices were turned on and I have no idea why. Because I’m new to this I have only 4 devices so far. The three that got turned on are the ones in the pool of the Vacation Director app. Notifications show that they were all turned off the night before as specified in the app. No other routine or app was active except for the Turn On Only If I Arrive After Sunset one that didn’t kick in because I didn’t arrive.

Any idea as to why this happened? Do I need to do something special to have the hub return devices to their state when it went active?

Thanks.

(Larry) #2

happens all the time on reboot. only a few lights for me… i just live with it.

(Robin) #3

Are you using ST presence sensors? If so I know your problem.

Or otherwise what method do you use to trigger vacation director?

(Sam) #4

Thanks for replying. Vacation Director is triggered by the Away mode. My Goodbye routine runs and sets mode to Away when both presence sensors (an iPhone and an android phone) leave.

(Robin) #5

I’m afraid I’m not sure then… mobile presence is cloud to cloud (without hub) so there is no reason for them to change to alway when hub is offline.

Worth checking the recently tab for the two presence phones though, see if there are any related events around the same time.

Otherwise maybe contact support and ask them to check from their end to see what the cause was.

(Sam) #6

I might just wait to see if it happens again or perhaps I’ll pull the Ethernet cord for a few minutes then re-attach it. :grinning:

(Sam) #7

It happened again this morning. I posted on the thread where I learned of the revised (working) Vacation Director and I may have to ask for support assistance if no one there has an idea.