Why don’t you read through this topic, all responses, and I think you’ll have a pretty good idea that things just ‘break’ all the time, devices pop offline, and you can find my other post where YOU GUYS, told me o leave device health off since it caused trouble. Your support team literally told me this, so clearly you are aware of the issues here. But even with it off, it happens ever so often. At this VERY point in time all my stuff seems to work, but two weeks ago I randomly lost 4 devices I had to manually clean up (Takes about an hour, since your app can’t even REMOVE a device if it has attached smartapps). What you need to to is get a tech team going, and a tester team, and TEST the crap out of it. Can I help, no, I don’t have the time to debug your system, I’m VERY busy. Maybe someone else here can do it, Lord knows there are enough people on this thread you can pick from.
@Arun_Rao1 there are 141 posts on this thread, majority of them describe symptoms and conditions that smartthings team could use for their investigations.
judging from @ncharlt’s latest post, it’s clearly related to interference with wifi devices (zigbee uses same frequency as b/g wifi networks) - it’s about time smartthings investigate interference issues in a lab and issue firmware updates to make their devices hop frequencies when they can’t reach the hub or work around interference in other ways.
I have 50 wifi devices at home and every day more and more devices get wifi features (fridges, toys, washing machines, switches, garage doors, etc) so the problem will only get worse.
Add me to the list of users who have their zigbee devices randomly drop. Requires a complete rejoin.
Welp, everything has gone to sh!t with my ST network, after about 2-3 years of (mostly) happy usage, even the app tells me ‘Something is wrong with your network’. About 4hrs ago, a load of my devices went offline, even those that were still reporting online do not respond to commands (i.e. the official ST outlets). I’ve tried turning the hub off and removing the batteries for 30mins, still nothing works.
What should be my next course of action?
Read this, and email support. This may be related to what you’re experiencing.
I have been experiencing this issue too.
Some official Samsung sensors, and zwave bulbs show disconnected in the new ST app.
All automations work
They show online and working in ST Classic.
They show online and working in IDE
THERE IS AN EASY WAY TO GET THEM SHOWING CONNECTED IN THE NEW APP:
- pull the sensor battery for 10 seconds. (or turn off power to the bulb for 10 seconds)
*** no need to delete and add device ***
I have eleven of these moisture detectors and I am sorry I bought them. Right now five of them are offline. I have set and reset these stupid things, I have added Zigbee devices for relaying purposes. I have powered the Smarthings Hub down for 15 minutes and back up (which I understand rewrites the relay tables) and yet they continue to randomly go offline. I cannot trust that these very unreliable devices will activate my shut off valve and alert me if the is a leak. I have need for 6 more moisture detectors and they will not be Samsung detectors.
Do you have any Cree bulbs in your zigbee environment? If so, they may be causing you some issues if those sensors are using them as repeaters. I have several ST leak sensors (older generation), and several Iris branded leak sensors. Luckily those are still working great.
I have no smart bulbs but my house is 100 percent LED bulbs, even the T8 Fluorescents have been converted to LED. All of my devices are Belkin (Wemo paddle switches, and plugin switches), GE Zwave Paddle Switches and a couple of off brand Wifi plugs & relays like SonOff, Tan tan, Oukitel, Martin Jerry. I reactivated and put my Wemo Wink Hub between far side of house and the Smart Things Hub hoping it would relay the Zigbee signal. The going off line is random and not even the ones furthest from the hub. I realize that by their use the moisture detectors are in a poor environment for signal propagation being inside sink cabinets and under washing machines etc but if I cannot rely on them I will have to go with another solution .
UPDATE:: My leak detectors have all been up/online for the past 7 days. I made no changes to my hardware other than replacing a Wemo Paddle switch with a GE switch. (this was at my front door and very far out of line with the leak detectors communication paths) Sooooo… fingers crossed.
EDIT Update: It has now been over 20 days and all my water sensors are still online.
Does anyone seen an issues where it says a sensor device is offline- but it’s still reporting data?
So now with no changes to my system other than the previously mentioned Belkin Wemo switch, I can hopefully say this issue may be fixed (at least for me) All 11 of my SmartThings Water sensors have been on line for 40 days.
I thought it’s been finally fixed too until losing one of my leak/water sensors in the early hours of yesterday. I though it would come back online soon enough but looks like I will have to go through the rigmarole of a battery pull and reset…
Spoke too soon, I was out of town for a week, house was empty, a little Wemo and Smarthings automation like turn on lights at sunset etc. Got back last night and when checking status of my house, I found the only attic device I have (Attic Hot Water Heater) Leak Sensor was offline. I have blown half my day investigating when/or why it happened. No joy at all. I retrieved it and placed it on my desk for about 20 minutes to see if it would report the change in temp to answer Mathew_McClintock’s question above. There were no events from the device over the 20 minutes. I took the battery out and replaced it and tadaaa, Its’ Alive!! In eleven minutes now it has sent 5 temperature updates as it warms up.
See my post
. My off line device did not report
Just hit this again last night after the hub went offline.