Devices get stuck in 'checking status'

When I open the new app several of my 16 devices get stuck showing checking status until I press one of them and then go back to the home screen. Is there a solution to this problem?

Not at the moment. This seems to have gotten worse with the latest app release.

If on Android, doing a force-stop followed by clearing the cache seems to help most of the time

stop force, clear cache, reboot. Does not help.

Same issue here. Force stop and clear cache didn’t help. Last time this happened I think it was a backend server problem because it just started working on its own.

Also on occasion my security app get stuck loading and I have to select something and go back to the home page and then it is ok.

Same issue here. All my door sensors and garage door opener are suddenly stuck in checking status.

I have 2 locks. One has an updated status while the other one is constantly stuck in ‘checking status’ mode. I really don’t like the new smartthings app. I think the classic one was much better. Sadly it’s being eased out.

brand/model of lock? what device handler are you using for it?

I have the same problem. At least I am not the only one. Makes me wonder if the developers ever test anything🤔

I have the Schlage Smart Connect Deadbolt locks (BE469ZP). Using the Universal Z-Wave Lock Device Handler v 04.08.03 from rBoys

Tagging @RBoy

Checking status is just a message from the mobile app trying to communicate with the ST server (not related to any DTH per se). It could be a slow internet connection or a slow ST server. If it’s stuck there it could mean a corrupted device state in the platform sometimes it helps to exclude the device, delete any custom DTH’s and start over with a clean slate.

I was unable to delete devices with app, so deleted with my PC. Now those devices still show on app and still will not delete, BUT all hubs, all devices just say “checking status” All I wanted to do was delete some devices. How can I get past “checking statsus”???

I was unable to delete devices with app, so deleted with my PC. Now those devices still show on app and still will not delete, BUT all hubs, all devices just say “checking status” All I wanted to do was delete some devices. How can I get past “checking status”??? I tried force stop, no luck. I used anther cell phone, no luck. I deleted app, reinstalled and it just stays on “getting everything ready” but it never get everything ready, just spins. I am leaving for a trip tomorrow and need this fixed

A couple hours later it did rest on it’s own, so I am all set