OK, it definitely had something to do with my battery display. After removing the battery tile and commenting out the parse routine for the battery attribute I was able to get the app to show the device again. It only happened after removing the device and reconnecting it again. I will give the other devices some time and see if they appear on their own at some point. Otherwise I will need to re-connect all of them again.
Thanks for the tips. I feared that this had something to do with my coding. Although it is strange, as all I did was instead of displaying the battery percentage (which worked fine), I wanted to only display if the battery is OK or not and just changed the map.value for the tile from the percentage value to simple text “Battery OK” or “BATTERY LOW!”. I did this because displaying battery percentage is misleading as your device could potentially not work just after the battery drops from let’s say 80% to 70%. That may already be too low for the device to work, so displaying percentage would be misleading when you see 80% and think you are good for a while and a couple days later your device doesn’t work.
Also, while testing this I did remove a battery from a thermostat (it has 4xAA and can run on 3xAA) to see what happens with the battery values. And the ST hub did log a battery low alarm. So,seeing what others have noticed with the Iris, I don’t know if it was my code or the low battery alarm (or both) that caused my devices to disappear.
I will come back to this thread when I have figured it out. Maybe the Iris DTH also needs to be modified with regard to its battery level handling.