Devices disappeared from IOS and web app but all show in IDE (April 2023)

Logging into IDE. I see all my devices. No Hub is listed
It says "you dont have any hubs yet. Please use the Snartthings mobile App to claim your hub

The IDE is part of the old architecture and cannot be relied on for anything now. Information there may be old or inaccurate, so itā€™s not going to help in troubleshooting.

Use the new official web interface at

My.SmartThings.com

Or, as others have suggested, the community-created API browser Plus if you want more detailed information than the official page has.

None of that helps solve this Very frustrating problem, of course, but trying to get information from the IDE at this point is only likely to create more frustration. :disappointed_relieved:

Also, could people posting please list the model number of their hub? Iā€™m wondering if thereā€™s any pattern there. :thinking:

2 Likes

Curious if this is specific to V2 hubs? Is anyone that is seeing the issue running a V3 or Aeotec Hub? I have a V3 hub and have seen no problems.

1 Like

V2 hub here.

Also, despite how frustrating Support can be please report to support@smartthings.com.

2 Likes

I really feel for the folks having this problem. It highlights the issue with not having a viable backup/restore function.

2 Likes

Same for me. All devices are there in the old web UI. No hub.

Mine is v2

I think in my case itā€™s all devices that are on Edge drivers that are missing.

For the the devices that do still show in the App/my.smartthings/CLI, most are offline.

Running Aeotec Hub and I am affected.

1 Like

Thanks for the info JD. As usual your info is relevant and very helpful.

1 Like

Good for you, I get that they need info but they need to dig into their logs and find it.

1 Like

STH-ETH-200
Itā€™s a V2.

I just spoke with Samsung/SmartThings support and they are escalating this to their developer team. I let them know about this thread as well as the fact that it seems to be both Android and iOS and affecting multiple versions of the hubs.

They donā€™t have any answers now, but will update when they have more information.

3 Likes

Devices and Scenes are gone. V2 Hub Smart Lighting app also gone.

It isnā€™t entirely useless if you appreciate what it shows you. For example over on Facebook someone commented that the IDE only showed a handful of devices on the hubs pages, but heā€™d actually found all his other devices under My Devices. He then commented that the latter devices were the ones he could still see on Alexa and his apps (disregarding the known cloud connected ones). As the hubs page only lists legacy hub-connected devices that is quite diagnostic. At least some, if not all, of his legacy devices sound like they are fine. His Edge devices not so much ā€¦

There is an ā€˜ifā€™ doing a lot of heavy lifting in my first sentence.

1 Like

Hopefully good to hear support is escalating. I submitted a ticket as well.

v2 hub, all Edge drivers or linked integrations - everything is still good for me. on beta firmware (47.x) :slight_smile:

sorry!

My problem happened about 4 hours ago. I donā€™t have an exact time at this point.

1 Like

@nayelyz are you aware of this issue?

SmartThings status page still shows no issues.

Glad this is not just meā€¦thankyou everyone for chiming inā€¦

Fingers crossed for a solution
Very disappointed

Irvine, Ca

1 Like