Devices all changing to disconnected

(Dave Garratt) #1

Until last week I was using the classic app on my IOS device and never had any issues. I thought I would try the new app so I removed all my automations with the old app, deleted it and then downloaded and signed in with the new app. My devices all appeared ok and I recreated the automation rules.

2 days later I notice that one of my devices was being reported as disconnected and my best attempts to reconnect it, including changing the batteries failed. Eventually I had to force it to delete, reboot the hub and add it back in again. I then noticed that 2 other devices had gone to the disconnected status.

To cut a long story short I have had to delete all my devices, reinstate the classic app and add them back one at a time. So far everything is working ok ?

So - can anyone give me an idea as to what might have gone wrong ?

Dave

(jkp) #2

Can you provide details on what devices are showing as disconnected and are they using custom device handlers?

(Dave Garratt) #3

I have

4 Aoetec Door Sensors (Version 5)
1 samsung button
1 Aoetec Indoor Siren

None of them need any custom sensors and are recognised immediately.

(Dave Garratt) #4

All worked perfectly until 2 days after the new app was used - but that could be co-incidence of course

(jkp) #5

You can use both apps with the same Samsung login so there is no need to delete the Classic app when you install the STSC app :slight_smile: