Device type for MiLight / EasyBulb / LimitlessLED Wifi controller

Had disabled the cloud server for a bit, then turned it back on to watch and do some logging — was waiting to submit a github issue, but the lights haven’t acted up since I re-enabled the cloud server. I’ll let you know if the issue arises again. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ok, should be done with the maintenance.

Update instructions on Github: https://github.com/peeepers/MiThings/blob/master/README.md

Hi ,

I have 4 basic £10 led strips off amazon and i also brought a echo dot for my room.

i was looking for something to control my led strips without having to by Phillips hue which is very expensive. i found the MiLight controller and have been researching on how to connect milights to a amazon echo dot and have full control of it. i was wondering if anyone coud help me and maybe link me to a youtube video on how to do it.

thanks

Hi all,

does the code work on plain white bulbs, I have 2 color bulbs and these work well with the color bulbs

All you should need to do, is add Echos Smarthings skill and then you should be able to turn on or off the lights.

This might be something I’ve messed up. I’m based in the British Isles and we recently got Git Hub integration.

I linked up (I think) the milights device handles, MiLight Manager App and the Milights App. However now my lights don’t work. I get a Java script error. They had been working perfectly fine before hand (thus why I think its something I’ve done).

In case I didn’t do the integration successfully, i went and just copied and pasted the code from Git Hub into into their respective ST sections. I still get the error.

Just wondering is it just me with this Java error or do others have it.

errors on GitHub please

Got this setup and works great. Was nice to put my Milight bulbs back to work, as they’ve been sitting on the shelf for a while. Was wondering if there would be anyway to integrate generic led strip control. The controller doesn’t seem to connect to one of the 4 channels, on the bridge, but does pair with it in some way, and is controllable from the Milight app. There are also hex commands that can be sent to the bridge to turn on/off the strip. I use Tasker for android, and had to experiment to find the commands, but I did get it working. Unfortunately, I don’t have all the commands, and don’t see them listed on the LimitlessLED Dev page, but was hoping maybe the Dev, or somebody else here would.

I see there is a new hub out v6 and another new one ment to be available jan/feb 2017. Anyone know if they are better than then v5 hub http://www.limitlessled.com/shop/wifi-bridge-v6/

So with Jared moving to a new platform is it safe to say this project is dead? He really did a great job with this. Hoping someone can pick it up and roll with it.

@lankin wow i missed that post. @jared project is well impressive.

Just goes to show, st might have been one of the first but other systems are availible now.

@Yamus, you need one of these https://www.amazon.com/LEDENET®-Wireless-Controller-Changing-Brightness/dp/B00MGTVOSA

So now that the curtain has closed and the lights are off, have you hung up your milights, taken jareds code and working with it or leveraged another method.

Personally I’m currently looking at Domoticz and ST integration .

What are you doing?

You guys should get home assistant

Lmao @jared that’s biased :blush:

Does anyone feel they would be able to pick this up? Or at least write some instructions on how to implement this myself? Have a wide number of 2.4Ghz controlled LED strips, which I would love to get into Smartthings.

Thanks

Not to hijack this thread but seeing how it’s not supported by Jared anymore, for anyone that’s interested I’ve developed two methods for getting my lights up and running that should be of use to everyone here:

1 Like

Approach #3: [RELEASE] New Milight / Easybulb / LimitlessLED integration

1 Like

In short, there is a new version of the code being pushed out and everyone needs to upgrade.

Can you point a link where is this code?
Thank you.

has anyone looked at the mwittig node-milight-promse and how we can integrate this.
he is integrating with other HA solutions.
You do need your own backend to make this work, but I am assuming a RP will do that job.

R.