Device Offline - Internet disconnected

You folks are great. My daughter is in UX for IBM and I just told her about my mistake. I think we jump to conclusions about Iconography and it can be misinterpreted. Here is a pic of the Meross Icon of the wall outlet. I guess I would have recognized a “frown in a box” for an outlet. I’m still dull for not realizing it.

BTW… If you are going to use smartthings to add Alexa or Google Home Control for any device, smartthings will strip out any special characters, including apostrophes, and replace them with a space before identifying the device to the voice assistant. This is new as of May this year and it’s really annoying because then the voice commands don’t work. :rage: but it’s something to be aware of when choosing names.

1 Like

at least Meross allows you to change the icons in their app :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Meross icon looks like their device.

All of the icon artists are probably just working from the devices they’re given. :wink:

The exception is apple, who famously used archaeologists to create highly recognizable symbols:

1 Like

I “hearted” this because when I look at the icon, it’s like it’s saying “Oh shit”… as in “Oh shit, what did smartthings change this time?” lol

1 Like