Device log not showing up

Hey guys,

I’ve been working on a new device type, and for a while, my log.debug messages were showing up. But every now and again, they disappear. Nothing gets logged. Re-adding the device does nothing, nor does refreshing the browser.

It’s possible there is an error in the code, but when I hit save, the IDE says everything as saved successfully. I would think if there were a syntax error, that’s the time it would notify me.



This happens to me as well.

So it turns out that I had a syntax error somewhere that wasn’t showing up when I saved the file. I had it narrowed down to a particular function and I had to comment out sections of code until I found it.

Hope that helps.

Thanks so much! I found the syntax error and now everything is back to normal.

Wish that this issue had been communicated better.